1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Modifying lower Task MenuGeneral

1. footboarder

footboarder Active Member

After pressing the 'up' arrow in the bottom center of the screen, a Task Menu appears.
    It contains Task Manager, Calender, World Clock, Memo, Calculator, and Music Player. Can one modify this pop-up menu? Removing most existing apps and replacing those with ones of ones own choice?
    If so, how?

Advertisement
  2. Coach70

Coach70 Well-Known Member

Assuming you have Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4), then yes you can - although the functionality is rather limited. When you press the up arrow, at the bottom right there is an Edit button. Press the button and a list of 'Mini Apps' appears. Only certain apps are compatible with this task bar and they will show up when you enter this mode. Press and hold an icon until it 'clicks', then drag it up to pull it off the menu. Reverse the process to put another app back. I have not found a way to put normal apps onto this task bar, so if anyone knows please share your wisdom.
  3. footboarder

footboarder Active Member

I don,t want to lose my cameras so I am unwilling to change anything on this tab. It took me 6 months to get rid of the Android homepage and its 'temporary bookmarks. There is nothing more I want other than having a Scientific Calc and a few other apps on the task bar. Thank you for your reply.