1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Mods to the stock music player

Last Updated:

1. ERamseth

ERamseth Member This Topic's Starter

Would it be possible for someone to mod the stock music player to add:

1) a menu option to rotate the interface when keypad isn't open.
    2) an on-screen volume control.

I ask this because:

a) I am not a programmer of any sort
    b) I use this little guy

Advertisement
  2. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

just fyi. ive had the phone since oct and knew this since oct. but did anyone else know if once you are playing a song in the default music player and you long press the title or artist it will give you an option to watch the music video in youtube? i thought it was pretty koo. just thought i would share that because were on the music player topic. an no there is no auto rotate for the music player. sorry.

3. ERamseth

ERamseth Member This Topic's Starter

I know there is no auto rotate, but I was thinking that someone can take the source of the music player (it is open source right?) and mod it a little and release a new app (maybe "Music2" or something). I don't know how much effort it would take.

Also, I didn't mean auto rotate... I just meant (like the stock browser) a "Flip Orientation" option in the menu or something.

4. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

yea that would be pretty koo to have. i wish we could flip through our songs and albums by swiping our finger on the artwork. kinda like the iphone.

5. chat

chat Member

I have a suggestion of another mod to the music player (this time the phone is G2 Magic)

I was wondering if it would be possible to skip between tracks using the hardware as opposite to the touch screen. In SE walkmans for example you want to skip a track you can hold the external volume control joystik down, and the player stars playing the next track.

Its really handy when the phone is in your pocket for example and/or locked and you don't want to take it out/unlock in order to skip the track.

So i was wondering if anything similar could be implemented with G2, using some of its hardware buttons?