• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods...your confusing us!!

Junk threads just sink to the bottom, no?

Seriously. I'm not sure what is where. I asked a question in one thread, then I couldn't find the thread anymore and my question was gone (tried searching). With all of the other menial threads that get started and left open, only to make their way to oblivion, I'm not sure why the big effort to lock and delete these threads.

Upvote 0
Seriously. I'm not sure what is where. I asked a question in one thread, then I couldn't find the thread anymore and my question was gone (tried searching). With all of the other menial threads that get started and left open, only to make their way to oblivion, I'm not sure why the big effort to lock and delete these threads.
That's the same thing im trying to figure out. Is it really that serious?

Upvote 0
If they didn't then the board would have 10 pages of people posting the same thread over and over again!

I disagree. Everything, even if it's unique, is getting chucked into that one massive glob thread. And because of that two things happen

1- most people don't bother to read through everything to see if something has already been posted, because it's just so damn long and jumbled beyond comprehension.

2- because of #1, we are getting tons of duplicate ideas/observations/threads because many people can't keep up with the randomness of the junkpile sticky!

Upvote 0
I disagree. Everything, even if it's unique, is getting chucked into that one massive glob thread. And because of that two things happen

1- most people don't bother to read through everything to see if something has already been posted, because it's just so damn long and jumbled beyond comprehension.

2- because of #1, we are getting tons of duplicate ideas/observations/threads because many people can't keep up with the randomness of the junkpile sticky!

I agree, who the heck is going to go and read through 745 posts?! You can get an answer much faster by starting a new Post.

Upvote 0
There should only be two main threads, The update starts thread and the installation/error thread.

The Update start thread should only contain instructions and and tips, observations of the OTA (downloaded) install file.

The Installation/Error thread is for any issues with the OTA while installing or error messages.

Any other thread can go in its own thread such as Troubleshooting after installation, which should be posted in the Troubleshooting section.

I tried to do a step by step with images and what to do and what not to do, but you guys are not giving me anytime to do so with so many posting and thread, which led to some of them being merged.

If any of you want to do one go for it and I will close that other (upstart) thread. But having so many threads is counter-productive.

TS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones