Moment 2.1 Update ThreadSupport

1. aDub541

aDub541 Member

KansasCityJoe over at android central posted that he has the 2.1 update and has some details.

Firmware version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband version: S:M900.8.05.DC23
    Kernel version: 2.6.29
    Build number: ECLAIR.DC23

Here is the link.

Advertisement
    :
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

The beta testers are starting to brag. It's only a matter of time before someone lets the upgrade leak.
  3. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

Even if a ROM comes out, I'm still gonna wait til the update comes out via Sprint. I'm pratical like that.... And I'm still in my "30 days" as well. So if anything happens, I might as well keep it "Sprint certified" during this time... I don't want to be blamed for anything if something happens to where I have to go to the repair shop. lol
  4. sdho

sdho Member

i don't want to be disappointed by his comment about "nothing really earth shattering"....C'mon, let's shatter something!
  5. brandonmuc

brandonmuc Member

I was at best buy picking up a bluetooth for my Moment tonight and the Mobile Center guy there said the Hero was suppose to get the 2.1 update in 4 days.. and the Moment was suppose to be around the same time.

He also said they did the Droid in roll-outs over a couple of nights. He said their Droids there still didn't have it.

Honestly don't know if this is worth anything. I've only had my moment for about a week, so I am still learning it.
  6. kalel3038

kalel3038 Active Member

nobody has been able to get this guy to do a system dump or youtube video so until i see it i wont believe it.....you know what they say saying is beliving
  7. GodCountryND

GodCountryND Well-Known Member

He probably would get in trouble for a system dump wouldn't he? Although a youtube clip couldnt hurt I wouldn't think...
  8. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I say he needs to put up a youtube video, or we start pillaging Sprint nation wide!

Grab yar swords n' a bottle a whiskey!
  9. heathershipp

But I don't drink whiskey... Ohh I know, I'll get my Jagermeister!!!
  10. JPD

JPD Active Member

I'm in - sign me up...
  11. heathershipp

Ok here's the list so far:

- Food Man
    - Me
    - JPD

Anyone else?
  12. aDub541

aDub541 Member

I'm parched, count me in :)
  13. GodCountryND

GodCountryND Well-Known Member

Lets do this!
  14. heathershipp

We need a whole army! Start recruiting your people!

But 5 is very good :D
  15. SDX has some cash to give a tester if they give us the 2.1 test kernel and a system dump.. actually a lot of people have pledged a good amount of money... but no tester has accepted the offer yet
  16. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

Considering that he hasn't posted any type of screen shots of it, or at least a video I can't say weather or not I can believe this. A rom dump though would change everything, and I'd pay this guy even to just dump it already.
  17. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

What does it mean to dump it?
  18. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

Basically, it's exporting all the files of the os, kernel, etc and putting it into 1 package. In this case, it's a rom. More or less, it's a backup.
  19. drooooid

drooooid Well-Known Member

dump the phone mean copying the phone system software
  20. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

I'm in; I don't drink beer that often, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis:D
  21. heathershipp

You supply your own if you want anything soecific :D I'll only buy Bud Light and/or Jagermeister.... :)
  22. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

And this is why we can't have nice things.....

The media enjoys telling our enemies where our troops are, what the plan is and when it's going to happen; it seems you guys like to throw those who can help us the most under the bus. Seriously, if you have people who can help, why can't you just say "Anonymous" can help instead of who they are?

I really hope everything is delayed just because of this "leak" and naming of names. Can't we all just be patient and just enjoy what we have now instead of always looking forward and never being happy with one's lot in life?

Sheesh.
  23. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

So does this mean we should expect the update in April
  24. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member

We might see it later this week, perhaps Friday, if not this week definitely next week.
  25. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

Two questions:

1. Will the "Moment Flash" app (flashlight) work on 2.1?

2. Does this fix stuttering and streaming issues experienced with Pandora?