Moment Browser/3G not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. thesauceboss

thesauceboss New Member This Topic's Starter

When I open the browser, it says "Here are some suggestions:
    1. Check to make sure your device has a signal and data connection.
    2. Reload this web page later.
    3. View a cached copy of the web page from Google."
    I can send and recieve texts and calls, but I can't get on the Market or check my email or use apps that need the internet. My "3G" sign is not at the top by my bars. Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

Had this happen last night, seems as if Sprint never fully activated my Unlimited Plan or provisioned my phone correctly from my old handset (upgraded this weekend to Moment) 24hrs later it worked but ONLY after a Manufacturer reset of the device - Visual voicemail was a big problem because of this due to the fact that you need to have the data services (3g) working in order to have your voicemails transcribed - you also have to be in a signal area, in a roam area it delays the voicemails for a long time for some reason -

I would suggest trying to restart the phone, powering off than back on, maybe even taking the battery out and see if that helps, won't hurt and worth a shot, if not than you might have to do a full reset of the device and hopefully if you do that all your stuff is backed up (that will erase everything back to default)

3. thesauceboss

I just switched to sprint, never upgraded it. I've had it for about two weeks and it stopped working yesterday. I've turned it off and on already but still no luck. Thanks for the help.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I've been experiencing a random loss of data connection since upgrading to 2.1. The 3g/1x icon disappears and turning data of and back on does nothing. Rebooting the phone temporarily fixes it, but it's frustrating. This is similar to the "airplane mode" problem that many people have with this phone except that the phone app still works. With 1.5 I experienced the airplane mode problem occasionally after using wifi. At some point after turning off wifi, the phone would go into airplane mode, no data or phone and only a reboot would fix it. I got into the habit of rebooting every time I finished using wifi. A lot of people were hopefull that 2.1 would fix the data connection problems with this device, the leak doesn't seem encouraging on that front. A reboot should correct your problem, just don't expect it to be a permanent fix.

5. thesauceboss

If I reboot my phone will my contacts stay on my SD card?

6. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

A reboot won't affect a thing. A hard reset will wipe your phone. You could use a backup program, but restoring contacts from a back up may cause duplicate entries when the phone syncs with "the cloud". Unless you're using a exchange server, all your contacts are saved in Google contacts anyway. After the reset, just enter your google account info again and your contacts will sync back in a few minutes.

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Try updating your data profile.

Settings) about phone) system updates) update profile

While your at it update your prl as well

8. Podar

Podar Active Member

I had the same problem. On the third time I updated my profile - viola! I had data connection back.

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Your welcome, :)

Podar likes this.