Moment constantly says "charging"Support

Last Updated:

1. wpbotz

wpbotz New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok having searched the forums for an hour I am going to guess this is a unique or as yet unreported problem.

Moment with 2.1 installed, everything works fine except 2 days ago it started to read "charging" with the little symbol on the main screen. Even when phone is not plugged in.
    This phone is new (2 weeks) no strange add on apps or anything.
    Like I said everything seems to work ok but I am worried that this is an harbinger of bad things to come.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

did you root?running a custom rom or kernal? if not just do a complete reset/wipe to factory and let it boot up.if that doesn't work time to head to the sprint store and get it replaced. thats my opinion.

wpbotz likes this.
  3. wpbotz

Nope the phone is just as I got it from the store. How do I do the reset wipe thing?

4. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

hit menu settings privacy its the last option.

5. Instinct User

Instinct User Well-Known Member

Does your phone say "charging" all the time? Mine will do that when the battery meter gets into the yellow.

6. rmp152

rmp152 Active Member

I havenoticed recently that if I leave my phone on the charger over night it still says it's "charging" the next day. Generally, the phone doesn't get so low that it will take 7 hrs+ to get a full cahrge.

Before 2.1, when it was charged it would say "Fully Charged" while plugged in on the home screen... now it always says "Charging" and the little battery thing goes through it's color changes.

7. forty9er

forty9er Active Member

Is it possible you have a bad charging port?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

8. Instinct User

Instinct User Well-Known Member

If you have the unlock pattern set on your phone it will display "charging" even after being fully charged. If the unlock pattern isn't set then the phone will display "full charged" when charging is complete.

9. wpbotz

Hmm Ok will get around to doing factory reset thingy in the next day or two. gonna be way to busy to have to spend time resetting contacts reprogramming facebook blah blah blah. I will respond with results.

Thanks in advance if it works.

10. money*lover

money*lover New Member

Hi, I know this post is kind of old but I'm also facing the same problem with my phone. (Moment says charging when battery gets to yellow and lock code is on). Did you ever figure out a fix? This is the only place I've seen someone else with the same problem