Moment Divorce date, 08/31General

Last Updated:

1. rahjawn

rahjawn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, who's divorcing their Samsung Moment on the 31st and getting the Samsung Epic?
    I think I am. :cool:

Conversely, What's the word on this Samsung Moment 2??

Advertisement
  2. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

The moment to became the intercept which is really a downgrade. The same thing that happened with the instinct to the s30. the instinct hd is like the epic to the moment.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

In a sense, the Epic is the Moment 2. The Intercept is being marketed as a smartphone replacement for feature phones like the Instinct. Personally, barring a unfortunate incident, I'll be sticking with the Moment for a while. I'm not due an upgrade till November (which will go to replacing the wife's Pre)and I really don't feel like dealing with the whole sell it on ebay thing right now. The Epic looks sweet, but I'll probably wait till at least the Android 3.0 devices appear. If the hype about speech input proves real, maybe I'll be able to ditch the physical keyboard and get a slimmer device. What I really want is a quantum leap in battery life. OTH, the mfg will probably offer a bijillion ghz million core processor that eats up any future power saving advantage leaving me with the same sucky battery life I've had for every previous smartphone. It's nice to dream though. I just swapped out my Moment due to poor gps and the new one seems really solid....so far. The gps is very usable (at last), it's louder (a bonus) and so far no radio lockups (and I've tried to cause them). If this keeps up, I could live with it for quite a while.

4. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

Is there anything about your replacement phone that shows a production date? If it's a newer model, maybe that means they have found/fixed problems, and I might look into an exchange of my handset. I haven't been able to cure all my problems with my Moment, but I've learned how to live with them.

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

November for me. That's when my premiere upgrade hits.

6. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I'm stuck till April unless I get pissed enough to not use my full upgrade for an EVO.

7. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

There is a 10.06 which I assume means June of this year. Keep in mind that I've on ly had this phone all of 36hrs and there's still plenty of time fo it to go sour. The difference in gps is nothing short of astounding as in it's astounding that I tolerated it before. I barely got 3 sats in my backyard with the old one, I briefly saw a sat in my basement with no windows with the new one.

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I'm upgrading to this first thing on 8/31. My eyes have been damaged by the small low res screen on the Moment and I can't take no mo! Will be paying full price (500 bucks) for this thing. I still like the Moment but she gets shut down in 2 weeks... I'll keep it around for comparison and backup for a little while until I get 2.2 on the Epic and have all my rooting needs met.

9. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

I'm upgading in December to the EVO (or whatever phone is out without a hardware keyboard).

10. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Same situation here - have to wait til November to upgrade. I'm happy with my Moment but want a bigger screen. It'll either be the Evo, Epic, or some other hot new Android device that'll be out.

How are those of you who aren't eligible for upgrade yet getting the phone on 8/31? Are you adding a line?

11. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

By paying the full retail price....yowsers thats 2 car payments :eek:.

12. NewAndroidUser

NewAndroidUser Active Member

Still torn between the Evo & the Epic.....but if I do either one it'll be via full retail price. I need some more space for apps. I just bought my lady a Vibrant & that screen is amazing! Lots of internal storage space too.

13. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

Totally getting an Epic. Hardware keyboard, high-res AMOLED, and a front-facing camera that'll shut my iPhone 4G friends the hell up lol.

14. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Well-Known Member

A few calls to customer support will do it.
    I ordered mine direct with a supervisor.
    I just explained that I wanted to upgrade even though I have only been with Sprint for 5 months so far. Explained all the trouble I have had with the moment etc....
    Then I offered him the fact that I would be upgrading my service to the 4G which is $10 more a month, and would re-sign the contract for 2 years from the date of purchase.
    He said no problem, and I got the new customer price....

15. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

Definitely getting the EPIC...