Moment doesn't age well?Support

Last Updated:

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't upgraded to CL14 yet(mostly because it sounds like it causes new problems, and I'm used to the ones the damn thing came with) but I have noticed that over the last month or so, there have been some new issues popping up for me.

I get more lag than usual, it will ignore screen presses, the keyboard will sometimes freeze for several seconds then dump everything I typed, and the GPS icon is now flashing full-time if I have it enabled... even if I'm not using GPS. I had to stop using Open Home because it slowed the phone down too much. I also have text messages sent/received out of order, and the phone keeps resetting notifications to default tones. During several calls in only the last week or so, the proximity sensor will not function.

I stopped updating any apps I didn't have issues with back in January, so I don't think that could be the issue. It seems like the phone has, over time, just started getting a little senile. I take pretty good care of it, so I'm worried that the internal components are wearing out prematurely. Maybe I'm way wrong, but reboots, memory cleanups, and cache deletions haven't seemed to work.

Anyone else having issues like this?

Advertisement
  2. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

i've had my phone since november and I haven't experienced anything like that. I have had the lag problem and a couple of other problems when I had open home installed, so I removed it.

I say remove open home and do the CL14 update. the most trouble i've had since the update is the phone keeps switching between EVDO & 1X. other than that, it's been the phone I was hoping for when I originally purchased it.

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Pre and post update, I get lots of radio lockouts per week, sometimes the phone will stop boosting the antenna to get signal, which basically means, like in school for example, ill lose my signal until I cycle airplane mode on and off. Other than that, no other outstanding problems that I can think of at the Moment... *pun*

4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Just because you stopped updating apps doesn't mean one can't be slowly messing with your phone, it may be the update you didn't get that's the fix for your issue. I never used Open home, but I tried Pandahome and Advanced launcher. Both caused issues that in the end required me to uninstall the app to resolve. I've given up on the home replacement thing entirely, at least until 2.1. Cl14 fixes way more than it breaks and it would appear that a good hard reset might be in order for you. After messing with the Odin installed cl14 and several alternate kernels which didn't require a full reset, I ran the official OTW update and my phone is working so much better. I think the hard reset probably cleared out some of the "cobwebs" that were causing slowdowns, because the phone feels so much quicker now. Not nearly as dramatic but similar to reinstalling Windows 9x/xp after a year of use.

5. ABH

ABH Well-Known Member

I think this is a mistake. The cl14 update has helped way more people have usable phones than it has f'ed up phones. The squeaky wheels are just kind of loud around here.

6. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I rarely ever had the radio lockout/airplane mode issue, up until this past week. My phone has been acting TERRIBLY WEIRD with phone calls. Today alone it has gone into airplane mode 3 times (no joke). Each time requiring a battery pull. And right now as I am typing it is sitting here, saying that I am on a call with my wife... but the call never connected, and it will not allow me to hang up...:confused:

...Just pulled the battery for the 4th time today.

7. electricsheep

electricsheep Member

A lot of the issues you are talking about are specifically addressed in the update (gps, Keyboard lag, etc). I'd load the offical update and then flash a custom kernel for the best performance, although the stock updated kernel/system isn't bad. I've ran the custom kernel and updated system sense it first got hacked and rarely, like twice sense I hacked it, have airplane mode issues and have no lag or gps issues.
    -Eli

8. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I recall reading somewhere that an error log or log area gets filled up with files and it slows down the phone. The thread talked about how to clean it but I don't have the link to the thread handy.

Might be easiest to use MyBackup to do a complete backup, then do a factory refresh, and restore via MyBackup.