• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moment FAQ! A guide to common questions.

This is a Google phone so they pretty much do what they can to limit you to Google. The phone is not really set up for Yahoo. I haven't even bothered.

However, if you go to the first post in this thread if will give you a work around. Also, there are other posts later on (and in other threads as well) that will give you other possible solutions. If you have Yahoo Plus you can route that to your gmail account I believe.

No matter what though you will need to create a google account if you plan to use the Market to download apps.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Is there any way to get more than 3 screens?
I just installed Open Home, which allows 3, 5 or 7 home screens. So far, I like it a lot. There have been a few oddities, but they have inevitably ended up being a poor understanding on my part...

I could never find the app for aHome, just lots of themes. I read in a not necessarily reliable source, that aHome had been removed from the Market. Supposedly replaced by FreshFace (both by mAPPn, Inc.?).

Upvote 0
I just installed Open Home, which allows 3, 5 or 7 home screens. So far, I like it a lot. There have been a few oddities, but they have inevitably ended up being a poor understanding on my part...

I could never find the app for aHome, just lots of themes. I read in a not necessarily reliable source, that aHome had been removed from the Market. Supposedly replaced by FreshFace (both by mAPPn, Inc.?).
thanks, I have been using 91pandahome but uninstalled all my alt home apps as they were slowing my phone down.

How do I get my reuglar email to work? And also how do u post pictures on facebook directly from the phone?

after taking the picture, select "share" and then select facebook and it uploads directly to your profile.

Upvote 0
Anyone know how to add favorites in Google maps?

How to get Music albums/ artists/ playlists to show up in Music Player? I copied all my albums and a playlist folder to my SD card, but they are all combined together in one playlist with artist unknown. They are all WMAs if that is important

Was wondering something along these lines myself. I have my SD card set up so each of my folders are ARTIST > ALBUM and would like to make a playlist for each album without having to choose each individual song from the "Unknown" list on the phone.

Ideally, I'd like to create my own .m3u (if that's what this uses for playlists) on my computer and just copy it over to the phone.

Upvote 0
In the web browser you can click "Menu" and then go to "More" and the "Select Text" to copy text to the clipboard.

I'm finding this function to be very glitchy, or at least finicky, indeed, in the web browser. (I'm working on wordpress and keep accidentally triggering suggestions like, "Do you want to save this image"--evidently referring to the format of the web page. Or accidentally triggering the editing window before I'm done.)

As I understand it you: 1. select a spot for the cursor to start. 2. open up select text. 3. move the cursor, via arrows (or maybe trackpad thing; haven't tried it) to the end of the text you want to select.

Do you then hit the "copy" function? (If you want to, say, copy?) And then copy again once you have the cursor in the new location?

Maybe I just need to put in some more time, but I just spent a fruitless half-hour trying to edit a simple blog post.

Upvote 0
How to get Music albums/ artists/ playlists to show up in Music Player? I copied all my albums and a playlist folder to my SD card, but they are all combined together in one playlist with artist unknown. They are all WMAs if that is important

Only sort of: I use Doubletwist, a free desktop application that (I think) works as a sort of parasite on your iTunes library. I can keep albums together if I create playlists based on those albums, and then use the playlist function on the Moment. Otherwise I run into the problem you did.

I've seen suggestions elsewhere that involve tagging all of your songs and movements (i.e., in classical pieces, which can be especially vexing to keep together), but I haven't tried that.

Upvote 0
Okay, I decided to go purchase the Samsung Moment. I asked them to go ahead and load the Moment Update.

I'm embarrassed to ask, but how (where) do I determine if the Moment Update was done? I know it was covered in the "official moment update" thread, but I searched and failed to find that info. I'm asking it here because I reckon it will soon become a FAQ.

Thanks in advance,

Upvote 0
Open Windows MENU + w

I -REALLY- needed this shortcut, as I have to do TONS of web surfing and multi-tasking while working... But sadly, it doesn't work. Anyone know of any other potential shortcuts for this?

To get to, and/or change between windows I mean.

Thanks!

In case anyone needs to know, this opens a new window, AND closes the current window. DANG.

Upvote 0
hi,
i cleared gmail and gmail storage data and rebooted my phone but when i open market it does not ask for a new mail account and opens like before showing all the applications, etc. Also when i open gmail app, it says "your email will appear shortly" showing "waiting for sync" at the top. it doesnt even load my previous email after a very long time also. please help me what to do here. i really need to change my account..

Upvote 0
What to do if your kid gets ahold of your phone, locks you out through too many incorrect patterns, and for some reason your phone isn't accepting your gmail login.

Call your phone, do not answer it. Hang up the phone you're calling with while pressing your home key repeatedly.

This does not fix your lock out, rather you'll have to disable your pattern lock to avoid having it happen again. Otherwise, if your screen just goes into timeout, you'll have to open your phone.

(copied from another forum)
1) Click on Menu
2) Settings
3) SD Card & Phone
3) Rest Phone

Luckily, I got my phone yesterday, so restoring it to factory defaults wasn't that big of a deal. Sadly, I don't think there's a way around restoring it to factory defaults to fix this problem. Sprint will tell you it takes a Sprint Tech to do this, and most customer service people have no clue about any of this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones