• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moment FAQ! A guide to common questions.

Hey guys, I just got a Samsung Moment, I bought it used off a friend of mine. Its still running 1.5, but I need to know how to get rid of his Google account info from the phone so I can put mine in. I tried this below, but its not working for some reason. Anyone know why and how I can fix it?

crow11ad said:
If your like me and when you got your phone and you did not have a gmail acount and just created one and now wanting to change it, you can without any installs or factory resets....

1)goto your home screen
2)settings
3)applications
4)manage applications
5) gmail and gmail storage
6) clear data on both
7) turn off phone all the way and restart

Edit - nvm I finally figured it out.

Upvote 0
I hope this has not been posted already.

On my last phone (centro) I could put my contact into catergories ie business, personal, work, family etc. I cannot find how to do this on the moment. Is there a way to do this?
there is a third party app called contactblast that does just that and more. give that a shot. as far as default within the phone itself, i don't believe there is anything.:mad:

Upvote 0
Can I change my Google Sign-in Name / Gmail Account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow11ad
If your like me and when you got your phone and you did not have a gmail acount and just created one and now wanting to change it, you can without any installs or factory resets....

1)goto your home screen
2)settings
3)applications
4)manage applications
5) gmail and gmail storage
6) clear data on both
7) turn off phone all the way and restart

now goto market and it will ask you to put in your gmail info...just put in the new gmail account you created....now your contacts will be gone, but if you go to your gmail account on a pc and click on contacts you should see export. Click on this and it will ask you to select a program to save it to. Then sign out and then sign in to your new account. Click on contacts on new gmail account and then contacts and then import. Contacts are switched. Goto your phone and dialer and contacts should be there. If not give it about 5-10 seconds.
When I do the above, reboot and open market, it doesnt ask for a login. Help!!!

Upvote 0
pulling down the notification bar or even just sliding it up & down gets my ringers to stop when i have a text.

when I receive a text or notification my phone is often locked and i have to draw my pattern, then pull down the notification bar; or am busy in another program and don't feel like doing all that. Is there any way to make the ringtone stop with a single button press? Like the end key?

Upvote 0
how do i shut down the internet? If I hit the home screen it keeps the page running.

From the browser try Menu>Windows> close all the windows til anew homescreen comes up. Then click home.

Once again a reason why the end button should end processes and not lock the screen...side button assignable for one-touch locking or even app with widget?

Upvote 0
when I pull down the notification bar, is says "no notifications" I tap the menu button to mount the phone, but it is not there. Is there another way to mount my phone. I have no option to mount / unmount.

Also when I connect my phone to my computer is does not show that it connects, it would say USB debugging connected. I was trying to use easytether and I cannot connect either, my computer doesn't recgonize it and my phone doesn't recognize the computer.

I recently had my phone replaced, it has the new updated software, and it did work for awhile, it just seemed to stop working....I can't figure out why.

I have turned it off/on, took battery out, took sd card out, and nothing. What I can't understand either is why when I get a text or anything, nothing comes up in the notification area, it stays blank, it doesn't even have the "clear" button.

Any ideas??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones