Moment gets hotSupport

Last Updated:

1. mom2chessies

mom2chessies New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I just got my moment on Saturday and I noticed that when I am using it a lot like browsing the web or playing music it's get hot. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. gumbyballz

gumbyballz Member

yes. well it depends how hot really.especially if your charging it while your using it, but in other words yea. Think of it kinda like your laptop

3. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

that is honestly about the only quirk left with my phone I have a qualm about (2 q words FTW).

My moment gets incredibly hot sometimes and I honestly can't figure out what's causing it. I have to pull the battery as eventually the phone stops working properly. It happens about once or twice a month and I should probably just take it in and have it replaced, but I can't reproduce the problem on demand. Sometimes it's GPS running, or web, or just messing around with an app.

4. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

When I feel mine heating up I hit the ATK icon and it cools right back down. It's heating up when a rogue app is sucking down the battery. ATK will stop it.

5. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

Might be a poorly coded app running in the background. You can try Startup Auditor in the Market to stop apps from automatically running and see if that helps.

6. mom2chessies

mom2chessies New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, but my phone has been hot all day today. I ran ATK and had it in my pocket for about 5 minutes this morning when my leg felt warm and when I talk on it for more than 5 minutes it's uncomfortably warm in my hand.

7. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

I've run ATK among other startup managers. Nothing is ever running away, most times the phone just shows as idle. I notice no apps even running out of the ordinary when it starts heating up. I don't have the all day warmth that the OP had though.

8. rmp152

rmp152 Active Member

I get the heat when charging. Sometimes its quite suprising when I grab in off of the charger in the AM after cahrging it over night. I have been debating on getting it replaced, along with a couple of other issues.

9. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

If you see that nothing in the sustem is running then you may want to look into a replacement. Good luck.

10. ydoucare

ydoucare Active Member

The phone is going to get hot any time you stress the processor and battery. It's completely normal. Good lucky finding any smartphone that doesn't get hot or at least very warm when stressed. However, if it's so hot that it's uncomfortable to hold, then you have a problem and should take it in for repair/replacement or to at least be looked at.