Moment has no signal or HEX DEC numbersSupport

Last Updated:

1. meen318

meen318 Member This Topic's Starter

I Repaired a Samsung Moment with a clean ESN and it seemed to work fine until I noticed that it had no signal and no MIN, PRL Version, MEID, NETWORK, or bluetooth address. can this be because its not active on a plan? Wi-Fi connects but browser crashes and says "sorry the application Browser process com.android.browser has stopped unexpectedly please try again force close" airplane mode check-mark will not un-check and shows a "X" on the signal bar, Wi-Fi still connects. Updated to 2.1 with no problems. seems to work fine besides that.

Advertisement
  2. ColdStart

ColdStart Well-Known Member

I know that when I first got my Moment, it connected fine to Wi-Fi (browsing the internet) right out of the box, before I got it activated with Sprint.

3. meen318

Yeah I have another phone with a bad ESN, not activated, it gets bars and wifi works on the browser.... hmmm

4. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

I would say your assumption is correct. If not connected to a service plan none of the cdma based services (network signal, prl, meid - all these come from sprints network)will work. The wifi however is independent of sprints network. It relys on a data connection from the wireless network its attached to. A good comparison would be if you yourself didnt have an internet service at you house but were able to connect to a neighbors wifi. The browser crashing sounds like a software issue, i would try re flashing the 2.1 update. Another thing that would suggest this is the bluetooth not working, this again is an independent hardware device that doesn't rely on sprint service to operate.

5. meen318

Hmm just re-flashed, same thing

6. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Have you tried accessing the market? You dont need sprint service to log in to the market,just a google account, this will verify the wifi connection is working. Sounds like maybe a bad phone. You said you repaired it, what was wrong in the first place?

Edit: Also just saw that airplane mode was stuck on, have you been able to get that to turn off. I'm pretty sure that blocks all communications in and out including wifi and bluetooth.

7. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

No BT address???

I'd take it apart again and make sure everything is connected properly.

-Mike

8. gumbyballz

gumbyballz Member

the meid deal is kinda weird but because the phone should read that. Also the bluetooth deal. But as far as everything else not being there, thats actually right. The min,prl and network is all sprint.Id try hard resetting again incase you havent done that. The bars is the main concern. Even if its not activated you can actually still call sprint(*2). So you should be showing bars. Hard reset the shizz out that phone.I ve come across moments that will actually stay in AIRPLANE MODE no matter how many times you pull the battery.