Moment intermittently won't respond/wake up when receiving a callSupport

Last Updated:

1. thenrik

thenrik Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi:

I've already done the update but both pre and post update, my Moment intermittently won't respond when getting a call. The call comes in, I hear the ringtone but no matter what buttons I press, the phone won't respond. I have to wait until voicemail kicks in or the call has ended.

I called Sprint technical support and they're going to send a new (I hope it's new) phone. I hate to set up the phone for the third time. Is there a fix or should I just bite the bullet and get the new?? phone?

Has anyone had this problem?

What experiences have you had with replacement phones from Sprint?

Should I be worried about getting a lemon phone?

Thanks,

Tom

Advertisement
  2. joshpdavis80

joshpdavis80 Active Member

I have the same problem. Please let me know if you come up with a solution. Thanks!

3. shakuyi

shakuyi Well-Known Member

someone said it has something to do with the phones proximity sensor i try and hold the phone like im looking at the screen not just laying flat. but yes ive had this happen to me too and it sucks the only thing u can do is send the call to voicemail and then turn on the screen to look at it.

4. phone*guy

phone*guy Well-Known Member

+1000 Drives me friggin NUTS!

5. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

Its been plaguing me as of late as well:mad:

6. thenrik

Hi:

I got a replacement phone yesterday, sans battery and covered with someone's cheap screen protectors. I called and they are sending a new replacement. I'll keep you posted.

Tom

7. sh517

sh517 Active Member

Same issue here. Last night the phone had about 15% power left when my phone rang. The screen was blank the entire time the phone rang so I couldn't see who it was. It also flashes off in and out of black when it rings sometimes...very annoying.

8. thenrik

Hi:

I received a phone from customer service, looked used, complained and received what appears to be a new one the next day. It arrived sans update, so to prepare for wiping my phone for return and updating the new phone, I:

• used Sprite Backup to get my wallpaper, phone log, contacts etc. backed up.
    • synced my Dolphin Bookmarks with Google, already having my Dolphin home page set to Xmarks with my Pc bookmarks.
    • used AppDragon to generate a list of apps
    • used OpenOffice to write a four column list of my apps and their associated desktop folders: Phone, News, Tools, Transportation, Language, Media, Graphics, Games, Shopping etc.
    • Transferred my Phantom Skin from my old phone to the new one.
    I took the phones to the 843 Mission Street service center in San Francisco, went to check out some used DVDs and the update was done by the time I returned. I spend most of yesterday afternoon and evening reloading all of the applications.

So far I haven't had the phone lock up when receiving a call but it will take several days to tell.

So far Sprint has done everything they could, if only Google would allow developers to backup software.

Tom

9. Brat

Brat Member

I have the same issue but found it helps (only sometimes) to keep the phone vertical as if I'm using it (as was previously mentioned) and shaking the phone if it doesn't turn on right away. Not consistant but better than not at all. Am curious if a new phone actually solves this issue.

10. thenrik

Hi:

I updated the phone the first time on the 16th of January but had the wake up problem both prior and after the first update. I also had the htc keyboard installed, Advanced Task Killer and a lot of software. A couple of days before I received the new phone, I got a low memory message. It may have been due to the HTC keyboard crashing and putting a large memory dump in the tombstone directory. Another user reported finding a 200mb memory dump file after the HTC keyboard crashed on his Moment. Apparently you have to root the phone to delete files from the tombstone folder--I could be wrong.

I got the new phone on Friday, wiped my old phone to send back on Saturday afternoon and updated the new phone.
    I've installed over a hundred apps, dictionaries etc and have 64mb of internal memory still free. I didn't reinstall the HTC keyboard, Advanced task killer and am trying to stay away from resident memory applications.

The new phone feels a lot snappier, dolphin browser seems faster and doesn't time-out and the phone goes to sleep easier. It's only been a couple of days so I haven't received tons of phone calls but it hasn't missed any calls nor failed to wake up when receiving a call.

The new phone seems a lot better but it's hard to say how much could be software conflicts, user errors etc and how much was a hardware issue. Time will tell.

Tom