moment is a P.O.SSupport

Last Updated:

1. Johnny3Tears

Johnny3Tears Member This Topic's Starter

This phone is fairly new. It lags an assload, the phone rings and the called ID takes forever to show up. Now it won't turn on, it keeps restarting to start-up sequence.
    help?

Advertisement
  2. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

You can do 1 of 3 things.
    1. Reflash stock rom which might help some
    2. Root and install a custom rom
    3. Get a new phone

my phone use to be rooted and had RadioActive Froyo 1.8.7 and my phone ran pretty good for the most part. My phone is now stock and every time I use it I want to smash the damn thing. I want to keep it stock though so next time it locks up or something on me I can take it right up to Sprint.

3. someguyatx

someguyatx Well-Known Member

Take it back to Sprint, if you get another Moment definitely look into rooting the phone. You can find good directions here to get stock but rooted phone

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Moment is laggy. Root it and run RadioActive Froyo. I rooted and ran RF 1.8.7 and it worked ok. But newer phones like the LG Optimus S blows it away.

5. dannyg40

dannyg40 Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and get rid of the moment. Mine has been doing that from day 1. Get a call and it takes 4 rings before my phone rings once. Go to look at the caller and as soon as I reach for. The phone to see who it is the scrren goes black. Ifimdoing something with the phone when a call comes in it won't show me who's calling. The phone rings but I have no idea who's calling cause the screen. Just shows the current page or app I'm using. I hate like hell to spend another $230 for an evo and $10 a month for the 4g but I'm gonna do it tomorow otherwise I'm gonna throw this junk moment against the friggin wall ! If you see a bunch of periods and capital letters in this. Reply its because this stupid keyboard on the moment has a mind of its own and the keyboard lags so bad its a junk.

6. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

What amazes me are the poeple who have been a member of this forum for so long and still can't find a suitable way to run their phone. There are so many options out there to make the moment run in a way that should please just about anyone. And with CM6 possibly coming soon as well as it should be no surprise that we may have even more options. Just try some of the custom stuff and you will be happy.

HeadlessPonch likes this.
  7. SoulTerror

Shouldn't have to root and run a custom rom for the phone to "work" though.

The DevilsPimp likes this.
  8. AndroidSPCS

Life isn't fair. There are a lot of things we "shouldn't" have to do...

I shouldn't want to throw my damn iPhone against the wall every time because the notification system is idiotic, or iTunes sucks balls... but it is what it is.

9. edp

edp Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to say that the moment is great by any means and as far as I'm concerned samsung can kiss my ass. But no phone is perefect out the box and the fact that we have the option to root and have the custom stuff fix shit that sumsung screwed up is one of the beauties of android. With the custom stuff my phone works just fine.

latinmaxima likes this.
  10. latinmaxima

Your right we shouldn't have to but we all have different standards and the moment stock DJ07 isn't terrible. It is an improvement from 1.5. But it also works for a beginner android phone better than others. The hero stock sucks! As do many others.

11. SoulTerror

Once again though, we shouldn't have to do something that "voids" the warranty just to get the damn thing to be use able. Just about every time I use my Moment any more I want to smash it!

12. latinmaxima

That is Sprint's problem. It shouldn't void the warranty. iPhone users just went through all of this. Android is based on the ability to customize and do with what one wants. Plus we as a community knows these ROM's and kernel rarely break hardware on the phone. We can almost flash back from anything.

13. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

How is an EoL phone fairly new?

14. SoulTerror

I remember reading that rooting the phone voids the warranty.

15. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

Only if they catch you. That's why you should return to stock before visiting the store.

16. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member

What is this CM6 you are talking about? Is this a new ROM? I am going to check SDX and see if there's any talk about it.

17. AndroidSPCS

I've never heard in all this time here or any where else of a phone being denied warranty or service because it was rooted...

18. SoulTerror

I know, that's why I'm running stock now because my phone was starting to act up and I want to be able to take it to Sprint if it acts up.

19. latinmaxima

CM6 is the latest release of Cynagenmod. SDX (little) and testers are working to make this work on our phones. they have a good test ROM out and inxane modified his kernel for it. So far so good. Some tweaks coming over the thanksgiving holiday hopefully and we can have an official beta release of the ROM.

samaruf likes this.
  20. latinmaxima

The nice thing about our phone is as long as you can put it in download mode you have nothing to worry about.

21. SoulTerror

Yes, but if I want to show them the problem, if I reflash it before taking it it, that defeats the purpose.

22. latinmaxima

yes but if you have a custom rom and you have issues they would assume it isn't the phone it is the software you have loaded. so yes if you mess something up either flash and reload your custom ROM or reflash and use the stock ROM and recreate the issue. If you can't then it isn't the phone causing the issue. it is your combination of mods. there are differences. A lock will occur whether your stock or not. other thigns can still happen. you can't say "i am using (blank ROM) and I get a random restarts so I want sprint to replace the phone if you go to stock and the data lock doesn't happen." GPS issues, data locks, and other known issues with the phone can be swapped but you can't blame sprint on a bad mixture or combo of mods. I have reflashed my moment atleast 20 times between theming and causing bootloops and kernel swaps and apps2sd. I have been fortunate enough not to brick it yet. but i know that kernels and roms are attempted improvements to improve the phone. not to make it something it isn't.