Moment Issues post 2.1Support

Last Updated:

1. neutron

neutron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello! I've noticed that after the 2.1 update my alarm clock no longer works, no matter what tone I have it set to. I also have vibrate turned on and it still won't go off at the correct time.

Also, my phone is starting to reboot randomly, and it takes longer to boot back up it seems.

My wife's Moment has been doing the same. We both have stock 2.1 with the bloatware removed, recovery ROM, and rooted.

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Sounds like you might have removed something from the /system/app/ folder that the alarm clock needs. I removed a bunch of junk as well from mine but my trusty rooster crows every morning at 8 am. Here is my list that i removed

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/112896-guide-removing-stock-apps.html

I would start over with the stock DE03 (first to make sure the alarm works correctly and the reboots stop, if not you have bigger issues) and follow the directions in the guide for backing up the /system and /data folders until you narrow down what .apk is the culprit.

3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

4. jkveeler

jkveeler New Member

I've encountered this same issue recently, but have not done any rooting or stock app removal.

The odd thing I've noticed, is that the alarm works fine when set for a few hours ahead, but if I set it for the following morning, it doesn't always go off. Something with the overnight date change maybe?

5. rmp152

rmp152 Active Member

Do task Killers have an effect on the alarm clock? I find that when I set it, it does not always go off. I too use the rooster crow, but some mornings I get up and I never heard it, and there is no missed icon on top. (Good thing I work evenings and just like to get a grasp on the day in the AM)