• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moment lockscreen - try again in 30 seconds???

AndroidSPCS

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
USA
On my rooted Moment running Radioactive FroYo 1.8.22, I've noticed a very strange behavior on the lock screen.

I have the pattern lock enabled like how it works in stock ROM.

I'll use the Moment to look at something, set it down for several minutes later to use again. When I press the "end" key, the Moment lock screen will show up, with a message "please try again in 30 seconds" and it counts down to 0, before I can enter the swipe motion to unlock it.

At first I thought I must have incorrectly entered 4-5 previous tries to get this screen. But I did it just now, set it down unlocked, and after 5 minutes picked it up, and it showed the countdown screen.

Then I incorrectly swiped the motion, and it gave me another try to swipe again to unlock it, so it can't be due to previous incorrect tries. The way the stock lock screen works is if you try unsuccessfully 4-5 times to unlock it, it will lock the phone for a period of time, and give you a SINGLE try to unlock it. If you can't unlock it for that single try, then you have to enter the gmail password to unlock.

So what the heck is going on here?? :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones