Moment = PaperweightSupport

1. rmp152

rmp152 Active Member

I got my Moment in early April and loved it. I upgraded to 2.1 in early June. Over the past weekend my phone has become virtually useless.

I have read about the "Airplane Bug", loss of data connection, etc.

The other problems include, and are not limited too:

-When I used my Starred Contacts added to my homepage, they do not call the correct numbers. Example: Select John Doe to call, and Jane Smith gets dialed. I thought I was misclicking at first, until I realized that the names getting mixed were not near each other in the list.

-When I send a text message, I get: Code 7: Network Failure = Message Not Sent

-I am missing calls. As in, my phone is not ringing and I am only getting voicemails long after the initial call.

-People cannot get through to my phone, telling me it has repeatedy gone straight to voicemail.

-The factory ESPN widget no longer works, however if I go via my Browser it works fine.

-My battery life has been cut nearly in half, and I have tried numerous Task Killers/Managers and none have worked the same after my 2.1.

-When I place a call, my data connection drops, and when I hang up it comes back.

-After the screen rotates, it sticks.

I do not have a bunch of Marketplace Apps on my phone either, mostly Google apps like My Tracks, and Voice.

In short, I don't know what is going on with my phone. I am past the 30- day window to try it out and return and I don't think I will be able to make it much longer if the phone keeps acting the way that it has.

Is there a fix for any of these or is it best to just take it back into the Sprint store?

Advertisement
  2. luckyfox

luckyfox Member

I can relate to a certain extent...

My suggestion would be, since my problems with the phone aren't THIS bad, try reflashing the OS on the phone.

Go to the website, download it all, install again.
  3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

i had battery issues before the 2.1 update. only experienced the airplane mode thing once or twice. since 2.1 my batter life is a bnit better ( by no means good, but better) tho i am thinking about rooting to get better performance. i have read about the MANY moment porblems people ahve had. i have not had any of them. maybe i just got exceptional hardware?
  4. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

x2 on reflashing the phone.
  5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a network connectivity issue. Perhaps the signal is just not strong or as strong any more. Maybe you should try a PRL update so it will update the new towers.

And the dropping data during call is normal. With CDMA (Sprint / Verizon), you cannot have data / voice at the same time, at least not until 4G comes around. I have not found this to be an issue though.
  6. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

sounds like you need a reflash as stated above.
  7. rmp152

rmp152 Active Member

I still have the program on my desktop.

So what you guys are suggesting is to just go through that process again?

After I did it the first time, it was great. These problems have accumilated over the past week and a half or so.
  8. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

You could try a hard reset which will restore your phone to factory settings.
  9. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

I've also taken the advice of another user of this site...disable Wi-Fi, unless you really need it. After you've disabled it, restart the phone. If you need to use it, turn it on, then use it, then turn it off when you're done, and restart the phone. If you are a Wi-Fi user, there are a number of widgets in the Market, that will give you one-touch control of Wi-Fi from your home screen.

Since doing this (roughly a month ago), I've had a drastic reduction in the number of times I have to power-cycle the phone, and a drastic increase in uptime between restarts.

This routine, however, seems to do little to help battery life. I keep a charger at home, a charger at work (USB cable connected to PC), and a charger in the car.

That should address your connectivity issues. I can't speak to the contact list, or other problems. And sure, a reflash couldn't hurt, either.