Moment Questions (P.S. I'm new)Support

Last Updated:

1. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Just got a Moment yesterday, and so far, so good... or mostly good.

I have a few problems that I scoured the internet for solutions for, but can't figure it out. So I figured I'd ask here.

1) I can't connect my phone to my computer. I'm using an iMac, and when I plug in the phone with the USB cable, nothing happens. I'm running Snow Leopard, and it's up-to-date (I did a System Update just to make sure).

The solution I found through Google searching was to enable the USB Debugging in the Settings --> Applications menu, but that doesn't solve the problem.

I think the problem might be that my computer isn't even recognizing the phone being plugged in. When I run System Profiler on my Mac, there is no sign of the phone being plugged in. For the people who had success with the USB Debugging solution, I think their phone was at least showing up on their computer in Profiler.

Is there something else I can try? Would it be worth re-setting the phone to factory settings, or would that not even do anything? (I'd rather not have to re-transfer all my contacts, if resetting the phone isn't going to help).

2) As part of what I thought was going to solve the problem, I downloaded the MountUSB app from the marketplace, and now I can't get rid of it. Is it permanently stuck on the phone? It doesn't show up when I go into the menu to uninstall apps, and QuickUninstall also doesn't recognize it. I'd rather not keep it on the phone if I'm not even going to us it (and I won't use it, since it doesn't actually solve the mounting issue).

Anyhow, that's all. Hope to learn a ton from the site.

Advertisement
  2. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have rushed to help.

A simple restart of my phone, and it seems to be working now. Not sure why it needed to be restarted, but at least it works, so I can't complain.