Moment UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone installed the update from Samsung for the Moment? stile65 posted asking if anyone had gotten into the bootloader i was looking into and saw the update hes talking about. but i found no info saying what the update actually does. i'm downloading the update right now using the PCstudio software that Silverexpress posted in the Tethering thread. i'll inform when the update is complete.

Samsung's Digital World

Linc

Advertisement
  2. akenis

akenis Well-Known Member

The studio has two update options. One for the studio itself. And one for the phone. I think both where uptodate.

3. LincKraker

This is what i get when i run the update on the PC. i'm unable to actually update because my battery is too low so i'm letting it charge. but to give people an idea of whats being updated.
    [​IMG]

4. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Cool, I'm gonna update tonight.

Let us know if you find any improvements after the update.

5. LincKraker

the change from 5 to 6 does that suggest a possible donut upgrade or am i just dreaming?

6. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

Where did you find this update??

7. LincKraker

i installed the PCstudio from samsung and then plugged in my phone. but it was mentioned in the bootloader thread.

The link in the first post of this thread is for Samsung PCstudio

8. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

Great thanks, I will def. watch this thread!! I hope you are successful in installing, and find out what it is.....thanks again.

9. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

Very interesting, I can't find anything on the interwebz about it...

10. LincKraker

update is installed not sure yet has changed but its not an upgrade to donut...

I'll continue playing and post what i find. btw the update might just wipe your data and settings. so be warned

11. kjreisman

kjreisman Member

This update keeps failing. Stuck here: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my phone just says "SAMSUNG" across the front. No progress.

12. Gremlyn1

Currently downloading the update, so we shall see...

13. Silverexpress

Silverexpress Well-Known Member

Hi,

Today my Moment started to exhibit loss in data connection. I called Sprint Tech, and he stated that my profile needed to be update.

He pushed the updates via cell network onto my phone. The only noticeble change was the data speed. I now get evd insteadof ev1 or ev2.

14. Gremlyn1

Well my update failed as well. PC Studio directed me to go to recovery mode, but the phone seems to work just fine. I'll try it again later when I am home.

15. cds36

cds36 Well-Known Member

Update is failing for me as well

16. LincKraker

the update failed for me as well. i then used recovery mode. than ran the update and it seemed to go through. i will check pc studio to see if thats true.

17. kjreisman

kjreisman Member

After it sat for about 20 minutes I disconnected it, removed and resat the battery, then entered recovery mode by holding down volume down + camera + power. Message came up saying Downloading. I plugged it back in, the "update" went thru, and now all my apps are gone. Back to the drawing board.

18. LincKraker

kjreisman have you noticed anything different since the "update" went thru?

i just double checked to see if the update went thru for me and PCStudio is still saying that the update is still avail

19. LincKraker

i spoke with samsung (1-888-987-4357). they said there is no update. stop trying to download stuff from PC Studio. if there were updates for the phone you'll get them in the notification bar and she doesn't know when/if updates will come out.

20. kjreisman

kjreisman Member

It didn't really update anything - it set it all back to factory specs. Be sure to re-enable USB debugging.

I guess we wait. Sprint sells this as having tethering capability, but so far it does not.

21. LincKraker

you can use PDAnet for tethering.

22. kjreisman

kjreisman Member

Thanks. Just saw the tethering thread. That works great.

23. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Nevermind. Undoing what I did...

24. joehammer

joehammer New Member

Hm, the NPSAndroidCDMABinaryUpgrade.exe stops unexpectedly during the download of the update. Can anyone tell me what format it puts the update on the SD card as? Filename, size, etc, would be great. It looks like the updates are unsigned, so it's possible to get root through modifying the updates.

25. Zugzwang

Zugzwang New Member

So, being that I live in a major Metropolis (SF Bay Area) I just popped down to my local Sprint store for the much anticipated update. Yeah right.

First of all I called 4 Sprint stores and got completely different answers at every point. One insisted that it could be done over-the-air, another said they had not heard of an update, still another said it wasn't out yet. The only real answer was "it's only available at a Sprint Authorized Repair Center", which is true, and guess what, in the entire SF Bay Area and surrounding cities, there are only 2 locations. So I called and made an reservation at the SF Center for an upgrade, which they only reserved a spot for me because I was coming from North Bay.

Saturday: Went to the store, was immediately informed that the update would wipe out ALL data from the phone, "Did you back-up your files before coming" the Rep asked. "Why, no (jerk), because you ppl didn't bother to tell me that BEFORE I came all the way over.

Fine. Most of my photos and such were on the SD card anyway.

So, 30min later, I have a new update and none of my apps. 2 weeks later now, and I can't really find anything amazing about this fix. Yes the GPS works, like it's freakin supposed to, but I don't count that as anything magical. The screen still comes on for no reason at times, the apps still restart themselves despite Taskkilling them every few hours. The battery life seems to be WORSE than before.

Sprint seriously needs to get their act together, both in releasing the update, and informing their workerbees WTH is going on, so that WE (the people that provide all of them with a paycheck) can use our phones like they are supposed to function. WHERE IS MY 2.1 !!! , and PLEASE make it not suck.