Moment wakes frequentlySupport

Last Updated:

1. NotPortlyNJ

NotPortlyNJ Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking at my Moment sitting on my desk, and it keeps "waking up" -- the screen comes on briefly (only a couple of seconds), and I notice it appears to be transmitting data (the data transmission icon flashes the upload/download symbols). Any idea what it's doing, and why it needs to wake up to do this?

Advertisement
  2. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Mine does this sometimes but I resolve it by turning on, hitting menu to get to the main screen and then turning it off myself.

I notice it starts this behavior (on mine at least) if I hit the power but do not hit the menu...then every time the screen turns off, it immediately turns on again. After I do what I stated above, it clears up.

3. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Would that effect the battery life at all? Because my fiance's Moment's battery meter is ridiculous, jumps from 100% to 90...then like 70, then it might jump back to 80... after an hour or 2 it will sit at 15%, I did the update already... still having the same issue.

4. forty9er

forty9er Active Member

Not sure what app is causing this for me, but if I go to task killer app and close all of the running apps, it takes care of this problem for me. I just haven't tried to figure out what particular app is causing this.

5. KU_Android

KU_Android Active Member

For me this was actually not an app but because my GPS was on. I started leaving my GPS on for a few days and it would "wake up" constantly even after i killed most apps. Try turning off the wireless networks option in GPS and it should stop it

6. Momentarydroidfan

Momentarydroidfan Member

Mine was doing this as well. Just turned it off and back on. Fixed the problem. Yes it kills the battery quick. Mine only lasted about 5 hrs while it was doing this.

7. pahick

pahick Member

I noticed this with mine as well. At home I have a strong signal and it does not do this, but at work where my signal is sporadic, it wakes as it bounces from Sprint to Verizons towers. Maybe my issue isnt the same, but thats what mine does.

8. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I've only noticed mine and my wife's turn on by itself at night while being charged.