• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moment will not connect/recognize USB

I am running dj07 on 2.1. Recently the phone stopped being able to tether / mount SD card.

It charges just fine, and is actually a replacement (the 3rd really) phone. I have tried everything I can think of to get it going with no luck. I have two different versions of PDANet I've tried, I have two different versions of New PC Studio, Two different PCs with two different OS, two different USB cables... you name it, I've tried it. Done all with and w/o USB Debugging... I'm ready to chuck this phone out the window.

I have tried a hard reboot/factory reset - no luck
I have tried re-flashing to dj07 - no luck, in fact, the pc and phone just sit there expecting to talk to each other, but will not do so. at no point has the 'found new hardware' popped up... and yes, i have removed the drivers and such, both with windows control panel AND with regcleanr... nothing helps.

Is it time for phone number 5 in a year?

Phone Specs:
Baseband: S:M900.8.os.dj07
Kernel: 2.6.29
Build Number: eclair.dj07
Hardware: M900.8.0

PC 1 Specs:
Dell Latitude w/ Win7U

PC 2 Specs:
Homebuilt nVidia base w/XPSP2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones