Support Moment won't ring

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rolland985, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Rolland985

Rolland985 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    I am hoping this is just a setting somewhere I am missing. While I am on the Internet my Moment will not let me know if someone is calling. It sends the caller directly to voicemail without even ringing on their end. I have only had the phone for 4 days after switching from a Blackberry Curve. I went back and forth trying to decide if I wanted the Moment or the Tour. I chose the Moment but if the phone will not ring while I am surfing the Internet...it really is not going to work out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    That's just weird. I'm not having htat problem on mine. I thought that the Moment was kinda cool in that it keeps my browser running in the background and doesn't lose anything if I'm typing. Are you trying a browser from the Market or something?

3. Rolland985

Jan 17, 2010
    I am using the browser that came with the phone.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Does it do it all the time? If so take it to the Sprint store and have them look at it.

5. Rolland985

Jan 17, 2010
    It does it constantly. I am going to have to take it to Sprint.

6. dannyg40

dannyg40 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    inotice my phone acts buggy once in a while. I shut it off and let it power back up and all seems to correct itself.

7. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Let us know what's the result Rolland. If Danny's phone is buggy, I think you have an ant farm there! I doubt that this is a setting that can be turned on or off, and I'd expect that they give you a new phone to fix this.

8. Rolland985

Jan 17, 2010
    They did a profile update on the phone and it fixed the problem. I had tried that myself but the phone said there wasn't one available. Not real sure what they did but the phone now rings while I am on the Internet.

9. dannyg40

dannyg40 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I know my buddys GPS goes off course once in a while. He reboots and it corrects itself. Its never a bad idea to shut down and reboot any phone maybe every 3 days or so. I know I have a bunch of different ringtones and once in a while the phone will play the same ringtone even if I select a different one. I shut the phone off and turn it back on and its back to normal.