moment's built-in mic deactivates when regular headphones(not headset) plugged inSupport

Last Updated:

1. BLaZeBcF

BLaZeBcF Member This Topic's Starter

k so my hero use to be able to use regular headphones and use the mic from the phone.... but my moment does not... I lost my headset and from the phone.... but my moment does not... I lost my headset and plugged in these expensive headphones with no mic and the mic on the moment does not activate.... it thinks that I'm using a full headset with a headphone and mic.... on the hero when I plugged in a headset it showed up an icon with headphones and mic, but when I plugged in regular headphones, it didn't show the mic and allowed me to use the hero's mic... is this a sense ui thing? Will it be fixed with the 2.1 update? Does the nexus one use the phones mic when u plug in regular headphones?

Advertisement
  2. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

This drives me crazy! I used a RF-Modulator on my Touch Pro 2 in the car and could use the radio as a speaker phone, but as soon as I tried with the Moment, no mic! Sucks!

Now I'm back to plugging it in to listen to music/navigation and wearing my stupid bluetooth headset in the car.

3. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Yes. You are correct. The phone's built in mic does not work when any headphones are plugged in. Samsung probably assumed that if you want to talk when headphones are plugged in that you're using the headphones mic. And it probably isn't a good idea to have two mics operating at the same time.

Whether or not that changes with 2.1, I have no idea but I highly doubt it. Sounds like it's a hardware issue. As for the N1, I don't know anything about the N1.

4. BLaZeBcF

BLaZeBcF Member This Topic's Starter

sucks huh? the hero & iphone work just fine when i connect on the car speakers, but the moment pisses me off sumtimes... GPS (after CL14) still thinks I'm a street over and tells me to turn while I'm on the freeway... polarbit games are worse graphics than the hero still... the accelerometer sucks on this... ughhh can't wait tilll the evo 4g is out.... but why lacking the keyboard... I write my lyrics on the moment that is one of the reasons I have my moment

5. singalen

singalen New Member

6. opforpaintball

opforpaintball New Member

7. MoCoTerp

MoCoTerp Member

I would assume this is a hardware issue. My old Palm Centro would figure out when my headphones had a mic or not. Kinda dissapointing IMHO. I don't want to resort to FM Transmitters either. There is NO clear airspace in the DC Metro area.

PS - I picked up this cable/mic device for the iPhone, but it works on my Moment. The mic is alittle faint, but I don't have to pull the cable out of the phone and car stereo to talk to someone now.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/hands-free-microphone

What I noticed is this, you will normally see two notches on a 3.5 mm jack for left and right stereo. This device and the cellphone headphones that come with the Moment have a 3rd notch I suspect for the cellular audio. Still, it would have been nice for the Moment to default back to the cellphone's mic, but this is a solution.