Monitoring Battery usageSupport

Last Updated:

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an app that shows what is using the battery? On my Droid it would actually show what was using the battery: Display, slacker, dolphin, live wallpapers, etc.

On my X when I check battery usage the only thing it ever says is: display, cell standby, phone idle. It never shows live wallpaper, slacker, or anything else I run. I am wondering how much battery these other apps are using, particularly the live wallpaper.

Any suggestions for a 3rd party app I can run for a couple days to see what is really using my battery.

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I noticed on my original Droid that depending on which kernel I had loaded, the battery usage info would either be very accurate (like you were describing) or it wouldn't include any apps and just display hardware usage (like it is now).

i.e. Bekit and Chevy's kernels always had the thorough info, but p3droid's never seemed to have it.

I think it's a part of the kernel that Motorola neglected to compile. Hopefully it is fixed in the Froyo release.

3. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

I'm using "Battery Left" and it has more info then the stock ifo has, maybe not everything your looking for but I like it. It takes a couple days for it to fully calibrate but once its calibrated it seems pretty accurate. I'm definatly happy with it. Pretty decent looking widget too IMO

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I hope so because I know some live wallpapers use more power than others, I have 2 I really like that I bought and just want to make sure neither of them is a huge battery hog. Doesn't really matter though cause I am super happy with battery life so far.

5. Westcoast

Westcoast Active Member

I thought i had a defective battery but i turned off gps and wifi and lowered my screen brightness to the lowest it could go and my battery life increased 10 fold...