• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Monitoring Battery Usage

DrJim

Oct 16, 2010
I know there's somewhere in settings that lets me see what apps are using the battery. I found it before but now I've looked all over but can't find it.

Recently I'm going through the battery much faster and am wondering if some new app is doing it.

I feel dumb, but can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jim

Hey there, go to settings-->about phone--> and Battery usage should be in there.
In regards to maintaining battery if you're determined to save battery make sure you're doing all the basics correctly, lowest screen brightness, turn off GPS when you are not using it, keep bluetooth turned off again unless you are using it, keep wifi off unless its being used, use reasonable intervals in apps that update themselves.

Upvote 0
Try installing Watchdog. If you have an app abusing your cpu, it'll let you know.

Cool, installing that one now! I was having an issue over the last couple of weeks where my phone was rebooting like crazy! I went from loving it to wanting to throw it out the window of my car, it was so frustrating! I think I had an app gone wild, and it has been fixed with an update, but I'd rather be able to see what was going on instead of updating all my apps from the market every day and hope that whatever the problem was would magically get fixed! It happened, but I'd rather be able to be more proactive, and this app might help me with that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones