Monoprice AC adapter and car chargerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. ronf119

ronf119 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I finally got my evo and looking for accessories

I read the reviews on AC chargers and car adapters from monoprice. And they say the white AC adapter and whitr car charger seem to have no issues while the black versions, I've heard mix reviews. Anyone on this forum have experience using the white ones?

AC charger
    For only $1.85 each when QTY 50+ purchased - High-Speed WALL Power to USB Female Converter (1000mA) - White | Power to USB Converters

Car charger
    For only $0.99 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - White | Car Charger Accessories

I was going to pick up a few extra micro usb cables and was tempted to try out the above.

Advertisement
  2. ronf119

ronf119 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I decided to bite the bullet and try it for myself. The white adapter and car charger work fine. However, quality control could be much better. I bought 3 home chargers and 3 adapters. 1 of the home chargers was very picky with the USB cable and would only work with the cable that came with the Evo. I bought 3ft and 6ft micro usb cables from monoprice. All work great. One of the car chargers did not work at all. The other 2 worked fine with all cables. I'll be contacting monoprice to see what they have to say.

3. bigddybn

bigddybn Well-Known Member

We have several of both white and black. No problems with any of them.

I think you'll find monoprice customer service to be very good. I've have a few things from them that weren't quite right and they always ship a replacement right away and never ask for the defective items back. I even broke an HDMI cable once that was very much my fault and only contacted them to make sure I ordered the specific cable I had as I had done some customization. They just sent me a new cable no questions asked and told me to put the old one in the trash.