Monoprice charger?

Last Updated:

1. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With recommendations I found in this forum, I picked up the following charger and cable from monoprice:

High-Speed WALL Power to USB Female Converter (1000ma) - Black
    HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 6ft
    HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

I thought I remember reading here that it charges faster than the 850mA OEM Motorola charger that comes with the Droid, however this doesn't seem to ring true. My OEM Motorola charger seems to charge my Droid from 15% to 100% in just under 2.5 hours, yet the 1000mA monoprice charger takes about 3 hours. Is something wrong here?

EDIT: for clarification, I never turn my Droid off. I charge it while the phone is still powered on the vast majority of the time.

Advertisement
  2. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

3. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Perhaps because the droid believes that it's connected to a usb port or hub instead of an actual charger so restricts the amount of juice it pulls.

4. phantom27

phantom27 Active Member

I have the same chargers from monoprice and I've noticed that it doesn't charge really fast if pluged into a USB port (simiular to stock) but it seems to do fine when plugged in.

That being said... I haven't timed it or tested it.