1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Monsoon Multimedia Vulkano app for android not working with Froyo

Last Updated:

1. s4pat

s4pat Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,
    I searched and thought i would post this here to spread the word that Froyo killed RTSP video connections. This affects Testtube for Hava players as well and apparently security camera software, etc. I hope there is a workaround soon.

I guess I'm gonna have to rollback to 2.1 on my Evo (what is the easiest way, by the way?).

Here is a link to the HTC forum where i ran across this info:

2.2 Update Breaks RTSP Streaming - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community

Advertisement
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger Member

Hi, I am in a similar boat. I still am within my window to return my EVO for an Epic and this may push back in that direction.

My main question I'm looking to be answered is the disabling of RTSP feeds a function of Froyo that will occur to any phone across the board when they update or is it HTC specific?

3. rayct45

rayct45 New Member

I have an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2. I have a Hava Titanium WiFi. I tried both the Vulkano player and TestTube on the phone. They both seem to install correctly, but I can't connect to my Hava at all, no matter how many ports on forward on my netgear router (and I even set the Hava as a "dmz" so that ANYTHING is supposed to get through). The error message comes up immediately with Testtube, so it isn't finding its way through at all, and just fails immediately. With Vulkano, it takes a little longer trying and fails. Do you think this is my router blocking it or the rstp issue some are mentioning?

4. jalann

jalann Well-Known Member

Vulkano is working well on my HTC Thunderbolt (2.2)
    Very cool app and unit