• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Monsoon Multimedia Vulkano app for android not working with Froyo

s4pat

Lurker
Jul 3, 2010
Hello all,
I searched and thought i would post this here to spread the word that Froyo killed RTSP video connections. This affects Testtube for Hava players as well and apparently security camera software, etc. I hope there is a workaround soon.

I guess I'm gonna have to rollback to 2.1 on my Evo (what is the easiest way, by the way?).

Here is a link to the HTC forum where i ran across this info:

2.2 Update Breaks RTSP Streaming - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community

I have an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2. I have a Hava Titanium WiFi. I tried both the Vulkano player and TestTube on the phone. They both seem to install correctly, but I can't connect to my Hava at all, no matter how many ports on forward on my netgear router (and I even set the Hava as a "dmz" so that ANYTHING is supposed to get through). The error message comes up immediately with Testtube, so it isn't finding its way through at all, and just fails immediately. With Vulkano, it takes a little longer trying and fails. Do you think this is my router blocking it or the rstp issue some are mentioning?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones