• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Monthly calendar widget for Tab S 8.4 (alternative to S Planner)

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
Hi,

I have a Tab S 8.4 which does not come with the S Planner widget. The S6, Note 3 has the widget, I have no idea why. Is it possible to get the S Planner widget or even the Google calendar but as a monthly widget on Tab S 8.4 or some sort of better calendar widget?

I am now using Sol calendar, however the text is a bit small. All other calendars are not free for the Tab S. I am fine with paying, but since I have no idea which one gives the best experience, I have no idea which one to buy. The Tab S has a high resolution display, which is why I think most calendar apps look tiny.

Have you tried rescaling the widget? Most calendar apps I've used have widgets where you can rescale them, and also change text sizes etc yourself. Or does the Samsung launcher not allow widget resizing? Just long press on the widget and see whether you have an option to resize. If it doesn't, there are plenty of other launchers out there that do let you do this.

And it's certainly not true that all other calendars are not free. Some charge for certain features, but Business Calendar, Business Calendar 2, aCalendar, Jorte, DigiCal, etc all have free versions and month view widgets, so there are plenty you can try out to see which works best for you.

Ironically the month view is the widget I know least well, since I really prefer the agenda style myself. So I can't really give a personal recommendation for this, just suggest trying a few.

Upvote 0
Yes. The problem with the S 8.4 is the high resolution screen. Despite increasing the text size, everything still looks tiny. I resized everything the full screen, but the text does not increase in size as well.

I did try individual calendars. I've narrowed down to 3 calendars which you mentioned. However, since I cannot resize the text in the free version. I am unwilling to spend money trying each. Has google increase the refund limit from 15 mins to 1 hour?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones