more adb questions

1. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

so i used this video to help me get sdk installed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6K1XLmafPc

everything works fine,but following the advice given at the end,i moved everything in "platform tools" to the "tools" directly.

its fine,it works,but there is just a crap ton of stuff in there and its a little confusing if i want to go in and delete the files i added for a particular project(for example,there were several files i needed for the TB root that i dint want to hang out in there afterward).

wondering if i could move a bunch of things that ill prolly never use back into platform tools to clean it up some? if so what do i need to keep in the tools directory?

any other tips or coments or personal preferences are more than welcome :)

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

It only annoys me that they separated the ddms.bat utility from adb.exe...

I type pretty fast so its not too much of a big deal to pop-up and down a directory when I need one or the other (and I'm too lazy to change the system PATH setting :D).

Cheers!
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Just put both tools/ and platform_tools/ in your PATH, and then there will be no need to pollute either directory with flashables - then just run those commands from whatever folder you want.
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

thanks eu1. so i could i make a folder and call it "flashables"(or something to that affect) and drop whatever files i need to into that?

when i start up,i simply change directories to that folder by:
    cd c:\android-sdk-windows\flashables instead of cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools ?
  5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Sure.

Doesn't even need to be in a common sub-folder; so for instance,

C:\mystuff\phones\Eris\flashables

That's the whole point of using PATH - so that programs you frequently use can be invoked from any directory using the short name (rather than typing out the full pathname) of the executable program.

eu1
    scotty85 likes this.
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

oooh! thats awsome :D that makes it a bunch easier. i need some new adb projects,now,lol.

as always thanks for everyones assistance :cool: