More Confirmation for a Samsung Update :) (Sorry mods...delete the thread over in the introductions)

Last Updated:

1. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a new member of the Android Community. I started over at Android Central, but I've frequented these forums as well. I want to start by saying that I've gotten more confirmation about a Samsung update being pushed out soon. I had a conversation with Samsung about 45 minutes ago (roughly 8:30pm, 7/26/10). Here's what happened...(it's quoted because I posted this over at Android Central as well). Read up.

Here's my thread over at Android Central...

Look What I Stumbled Upon: More on the GPS Issue & Samsung - Android Central Forums

Advertisement
  2. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for the additional confirmation.

Unless you're part of the conspiracy...

:D

3. jmreed97

jmreed97 Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmm... :rolleyes:
    OK... I'll trust you

Yeah!!!!

4. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Please use the search button before you start an additional thread. This post should have been made in the already existing update thread.

5. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

Pretty awesome. Has Samsung turned over a new leaf? I hope so.

6. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

Lighten up buddy, he's excited :)

But yes, this thread could have been incorporated in the other thread. Very exciting news nonetheless. If Samsung keeps up the stream of updates, I'll be a very happy man.

7. smeltn

smeltn Well-Known Member

Sure hope this is true

8. Chromag

Chromag Well-Known Member

We're taking the word of someone with 2 posts? I don't have many posts - but this is what? The third post from someone claiming to have contacted Samsung and was given inside info about an update. If this is true wouldn't a real viable tech site have gotten this info?

9. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

LOL. The funny thing is that if the iPhone were having an issue this would be all over the place, but this issue hasn't shown up anywhere yet it also affect users worldwide on every version of the device. Btw, I don't believe for a second that the fix has already been issued and is being pushed out. The reason; I talked to Samsung support a few days ago and they said they were aware of the issue, they were evaluating it and did not have a timeline for when things would be fixed or even started for that matter.

10. Chromag

Chromag Well-Known Member

It is being reported - at least on some tech sites and blogs. Search for "Samsung Captivate GPS problems" on Google News. Unfortunately it's just not making major news because it's not an iPhone.

11. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

It's not making major news because, unlike the iPhone's problem, it doesn't affect a user's ability to make or receive phone calls. After all, the unit is primarily a telephony device, not a location device.

12. Simba501

What reason do I have to BS about having contacted Samsung? I'm no different from anyone else on this forum, looking for solutions....

13. Simba501

Oh, and in no way did I claim to have "inside info". I didn't claim to "know someone" or anything. I called the general number from their website, just like anyone else could do.

14. Jreitnauer7

Jreitnauer7 Well-Known Member

I have been calling Samsung myself and heard this yet but I am going to try again tonight. I believe you 100% and appreciate you posting it. I just hope Samsung/att actually deliver