More Confirmation of EOLGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mikem3223

mikem3223 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really don't want to sound like one of those 'I have inside knowledge and sources" guys but my best friend is a sales manager for verizon. He said it just became public knowledge within verizon that the eris isn't going anywhere. HTC has their new toys.

Advertisement
  2. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Every phone I've ever had has became extinct. Who cares. I bet every one of them still work.

butthead007 likes this.
  3. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

I dont understand why this is important at all, and keeps being bought up. As SirEagle said, phones come, phones go, and now that they are mini computers you can expect quicker extinction and replacement.

4. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

all this means is that they aren't going to sell it anymore, were still going to get supported and everything, if you break your phone or something you can still get a replacement and everything, if you have problems you can still call them and bug them, nothing has changed if you already bought it. If you haven't you will be out of luck and will have to find one out of the official market.

5. smacky

smacky Banned

EOL? Looks like we're SOL

6. Indians

Indians Active Member

Right, we should all go out and buy the Incredible...Oh wait, 4G is coming out later this year so now I have to buy 2 phones this year........When is this madness going to end. I thought I would have my Model T forever.

7. LiverpoolsNo9

Its a good time for phones. I think there will always be a new one around the corner that you want....at some point you just have to take the plunge.

8. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I have more confirmation that I really don't care.

chatch and LiverpoolsNo9 like this.
  9. jxnrxy

jxnrxy Well-Known Member

gotta love the evolution of technology...too expensive to keep up with

10. dracozny

dracozny Well-Known Member

one day you will be EOL. So does that mean you should just give up and climb in the pine box now?

polizi212 and LiverpoolsNo9 like this.
  11. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

lol:d

12. mikem3223

mikem3223 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's in rather poor taste. Also a poor analogy. If I were dying tomorrow then that would've worked, but a phone being eol in the future is, of course, inevitable. If I were going out in the near future, I would "climb in the pine box" because I'll be dying on my own terms thank you.

However, I, like many other users, was promised an update in the first quarter of 2010. I personally don't like being lied to. I did research before getting the eris and a forthcoming system update was one reason I was cool with the eris.

So that is why I am upset. So continue with the snide remarks all you will. Verizon doesn't care so I hoped fellow recipients of the lie might, but I suppose I was incorrect.

13. blink

blink Well-Known Member

Now you are talking about the OS update, not the EOL status. Just as they said, they just aren't going to sell it anymore. They have made the update, and hell, are probably done with it and waiting till after the Incredible launches to release it. Being "EOL" does not equal "No 2.1 update"

14. gsnider

gsnider Member

It's EOS not EOL. Google it

15. LiverpoolsNo9

Just because Verizon has announced an end date for when they will stop selling, doesn't mean they wont update the phone, or continue supporting it.

16. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Good, that means I'll be in the minority.
    The way I see it, the Eris is still a very nice phone. When they stop selling it, I'm sure there'll be people saying "I wish I woulda got that Eris when it was $29.99. But they don't sell it anymore, so I gotta pay $199.99 for a phone.."

I'm lying, cuz by the end of the year, that's about how much the Droid will sell for, if it ain't EOL'd by then..

17. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

As long as they release the 2.1 kernel source, I could care less when this thing "dies" :)

18. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member

I thought it was CREATED,,,,,,BIG BANG,,,,,INCREDIBLE.:confused: