More Details on that New HTC Sense

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

More information continues to trickle in from over at HTC’s London event, with a bit more detail on what exactly is going on in the new version of HTC Sense and its accompanying website surfacing. HTC is looking at Sense as a full-blown service rather than just a UI on top of Android no doubt [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

if it doesn't let you use the sense music player in landscape mode, i dont care. its so dumb to have an evo with a kickstand and not have the music player switch to landscape.

3. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

I love the maps cache item, now, when I use GPS, and with bad network, sometimes I have to wait for a long time, even longer than stop and ask someone.

Now, it cache the maps data, and I believe that would be better in performance.

4. JaredJay

JaredJay Member

I would say that the HTC Desire is actually better. Think of it as a modified version of the Nexus One. They both look very similar (screen size is identical) but the HTC Desire has multi-touch while the Nexus One doesn't. You get a track ball on the Nexus One while you get a track pad which is more reliable on the HTC Desire and the Desire's interface like most HTC phones uses the HTC Sense UI which is much friendlier and more customizable than the default one found on the Nexus One. It also performs better if acutally tried it out and compared.