More help needed google voiceSupport

Last Updated:

1. DaddyCamp

DaddyCamp Member This Topic's Starter

OK I set up a new GV number and account. But now How do I get my contacts in GV from my incredible. Also other tips about GV would be helpful. Thanks much.

Advertisement
  2. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Your GV contacts are simply your Gmail contacts. To have your gmail contacts sync to your phone you have to turn on Sync Contacts. Go to Settings, Accounts and Sync, Google to do so. If you don't see Google there then you will have to click Add Account and then choose Google.

3. DaddyCamp

Ok all that is set but I don't have any contacts in gmail. All of the contacts are on my phone now what??

4. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Ok sorry I read your original post wrong. To do this you need to go to your My Verizon page on your computer and export your contacts. Click on the Contacts tab and click View Contacts. Once there click Select All, click the gear at the top right and select Export Contacts. Then go to your gmail contacts and click Import.

DaddyCamp likes this.
  5. DaddyCamp

Thanks CTC those instructions worked like a charm. All good now. Any other tips in using GV?

6. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not using GV for anything special right now so I'm not the best person to ask for tips. There are ways to use it for free calling if you assign your GV # to your friend and family list if your VZW plan qualifies for that. There's a thread with instructions for that.

I'm assuming you have the GV app on your phone. There's a GV shortcut that you can add to one of your screens. It let's you toggle the different GV modes with one touch.