more htc widgetsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey! The more HTC widgets in leak 2.1 v2 comes up with 5 widgets. Trying them now.

Advertisement
  2. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Huh, I've got six widgets (Battery, Daily Challenge, Notes, Profile, Ringtone, and Tip Calculator) showing up for me. I guess I'll try some of them out.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Just an FYI/Warning the battery widget has been known to kill batteries for some people.

Kevkelsar likes this.
  4. Kevkelsar

Yeah, that battery widget animation is nice (bubbles up while charging), but I can see it killing the battery.

I also tried out the Notes...it's okay. I like the feature of drawing on the notes with your finger, or choosing to pull up your keyboard to type in a note. However, I didn't see options to go to a previous note. Meaning, if you create one, then create another on top of that one, it appears you have to delete the one on top. Unless I am missing how to switch to different notes. Also, it takes up a lot of screen space.Other note apps are much better.

5. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

I have the notes one...it's just like the text widget, you just flick it up or down to go through multiple notes. Pretty obvious if you use the text widget too, which most people don't. :p

6. jkmailley

jkmailley Well-Known Member

:eek:

7. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Yeah - whether it wastes battery or not, the batter widget is kinda pointless.

8. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Actually, a "batter" widget might be nice... The battery widget still stinks though...

9. Kevkelsar

Thanks, good to know! Yeah, I use GV for texting, so I had no clue about doing that. I'm wondering why the widget says you must have a SD card to use it. Does it automatically save the notes to your SD card?

10. BlueDC2

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Do you not have an sd card:confused:

11. Kevkelsar

Oh, of course I have a SD card, I was just wondering why it made that statement before installing it. It obviously must use the SD card for something if it says you must have one for it.

12. BlueDC2

oh haha, I thought it said that when you tried to use it. It doesn't matter, you can delete the notes in a mili-second.

13. n1ghtwish

n1ghtwish Well-Known Member

I've never noticed a difference in battery performance while using the HTC's widget... I find it pretty useful, actually... but maybe I'm just an idiot and can't tell the difference lol

14. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

She is correct. My battery would literally drop in percentage right before my eyes, a batter widget, how ironic. Uninstalled and battery is back to normal.

15. sjmilleroh

sjmilleroh New Member

I cannot get the extra widgets to show. I really want the notes widget. I am using Damagecontrol V2.05. HELP