More MMS Issues?

Last Updated:

1. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, I don't want to resurrect an old thread so I figured I'd start a new one.

Is anyone still having problems downloading MMS messages on the Hero? Using either Handcent or the stock app? I've got them both on my phone, and have gotten two MMS messages in the past two days, and neither will download. Granted, I'm at home where service isn't the best, but I've got enough to browse the internet easily, so a simple picture should download, right?

Either way, the message yesterday didn't download even after I was in an area with better service, with either app.

So is anyone having the same type of issue?

Advertisement
  2. pdxgeek

pdxgeek Member

3. tatonka_Hero

4. pdxgeek

pdxgeek Member

Its not being an ass, its keeping a forum organized. Yes, there is a thread about it and if there was a fix, one of the posters in that thread would have posted it up. By continuing an existing thread about the SAME issue, it keeps a nice timeline of the issue, and it makes it more well known, rather then a 1 post reply to this thread.

So to answer your question: Yes, other people are having the same issue. Yes there is another thread already about it.

3 days is not old.

5. djtroy30

djtroy30 Member

I to was having a mms issue and called sprint. The rep said to make sure my contacts were back up to google and do a hard reset. I did a hard reset yesterday and everything (finger crossed) is now working ok. just my 2 cents.

6. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

Updates are constantly coming out and if you email the developer he may be able to look into the issue. Handent rocks!!!!

7. tatonka_Hero

yeah, but it's not just handcent. I uninstalled handcent, and still have the issue. It might be just AT&T lines though, since the Sprint lines seem to work that I've gotten pics from.

8. Desertwndrr

Desertwndrr New Member

FWIW.

I can never seem to download a MMS over a Wi-Fi connection but if I turn off Wi-Fi and use the EVDO connection I have no problems downloading a MMS.

9. QbanCgar

QbanCgar Active Member

yeah i called Sprint today & let them know i was having issues w/ MMS as well. rep i spoke w/ tried troubleshooting w/ me (although i don't think she knew what she was doin, but hey, who am i 2 judge). i ended up doin' a hard reset & she tried sending a pic to my phone...nada! she suggested i try Handcet, but when i told her that i already had it she decided to enter a trouble ticket. apparently someone is goin' 2 call me back in w/ 24-48 hrs. from what she was tellin' me is that Sprint has contacted HTC about this issue, but apparently HTC said the problem is within Sprint's network. so we'll see if i get someone from Sprint to call me back.