• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

More MMS Issues?

tatonka_Hero

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
Minnesota
Sorry, I don't want to resurrect an old thread so I figured I'd start a new one.

Is anyone still having problems downloading MMS messages on the Hero? Using either Handcent or the stock app? I've got them both on my phone, and have gotten two MMS messages in the past two days, and neither will download. Granted, I'm at home where service isn't the best, but I've got enough to browse the internet easily, so a simple picture should download, right?

Either way, the message yesterday didn't download even after I was in an area with better service, with either app.

So is anyone having the same type of issue?

Its not being an ass, its keeping a forum organized. Yes, there is a thread about it and if there was a fix, one of the posters in that thread would have posted it up. By continuing an existing thread about the SAME issue, it keeps a nice timeline of the issue, and it makes it more well known, rather then a 1 post reply to this thread.

So to answer your question: Yes, other people are having the same issue. Yes there is another thread already about it.

3 days is not old.

Upvote 0
yeah i called Sprint today & let them know i was having issues w/ MMS as well. rep i spoke w/ tried troubleshooting w/ me (although i don't think she knew what she was doin, but hey, who am i 2 judge). i ended up doin' a hard reset & she tried sending a pic to my phone...nada! she suggested i try Handcet, but when i told her that i already had it she decided to enter a trouble ticket. apparently someone is goin' 2 call me back in w/ 24-48 hrs. from what she was tellin' me is that Sprint has contacted HTC about this issue, but apparently HTC said the problem is within Sprint's network. so we'll see if i get someone from Sprint to call me back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones