• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories More power!!!!

Be patient and wait for the next HTC update. If your still on 3.29, wait for 3.30; 3.30 feels like an entirely new phone. I was able to get ~19hrs one Saturday and that was with everything stock. If you're using the phone on a day to day basis, simply wait and get the new update. Conversely, you can get an 1800mAh battery that would fit using the regular back panel.

Upvote 0
My Innocase Extended Rugged Combo shipped today. I got two day so it'll be here wednesday, and I'm pretty excited. It looks like a tank from the future!

/nerd

I expect a full report ;)

I could be getting one this year (perhaps as a present) and I would like your opinion of the entirety of the extended battery with Rugged Case.

Upvote 0
Be patient and wait for the next HTC update. If your still on 3.29, wait for 3.30; 3.30 feels like an entirely new phone. I was able to get ~19hrs one Saturday and that was with everything stock. If you're using the phone on a day to day basis, simply wait and get the new update. Conversely, you can get an 1800mAh battery that would fit using the regular back panel.

...i have the 3.30 update. it came with the phone. still only 4 to 6 hours of constant use. i have already accepted that that will be what i get out of the thing for ACTIVE use. my longest on time without a charge was 2-3 hours use ACTIVE and about 33-35 standby.

i will be waiting for the seidio extended case to arrive on amazon(therefore cheaper) before switching to my 3000 mah battery. heard switching them out all the time doesnt hurt on the switch down to 1500, but will take a few charges for the 3000 to register even close to what it is rated for.

Upvote 0
Oh I'll be sure to post all about it. Hopefully it's delivered tomorrow before I leave for work at 2 and I get a good post at work and can post about it :)

One thing I already know though is that the kickstand is covered up, which is pretty lame, but we'll see. I might not always have it one anyways.

yah on mine the kickstand is covered as well. a trick i learned with my standard seidio rugged was to put the phone face out into the case and lay it on the holster clip. it works for the time being. it doesn't fit perfectly flipped like that though, so don't force it. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones