more teetch grinding contact problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. JudithPrietht

JudithPrietht Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

preface: i love this phone. i've had it around two weeks and my girlfriend already wants to fling it off the nearest bridge. i stroke it more than i do her. i've lost sleep fiddling with the home screens, downloading apps and playing SNES roms until the early hours of the morning.

BUT

i wish the contacts were less of a f**king pain.

i've already given up on gesture search; my contacts list is seemingly managed by the capricious hand of some prankster god, rather than any attempts on my part to organise it - deleted contacts are apparently still hiding on my phone, somewhere, invisible to anything BUT gesture search, which then ignores the painstakingly organised contacts that I actually WANT.

and now...

one of my friends has added his mobile number to his facebook account. He's listed it as '447870....' - a nod to the international dialing code, but without the necessary '00' prefix. Now, my contact for him is a google contact linked with his facebook account, and is defaulting to this facebook number as his primary contact. Thing is, it doesn't work... it either needs to have the '00' or just forego all the international gubbins. So I go in to edit the number - I can't, as I can't edit his facebook details. So I edit the google contact, type in the correct '07870...' version of his number, and try to set it as the primary contact. But no. That would be too logical and easy. It doesn't show up. It only shows up if i try edit the google contact on its own - the number is definitely in there - but it doesn't show up as a selectable option in the linked contact.

I don't want to un-link his facebook account, as I like the pic and being able to see his status, but it literally seems that the only way to have my phone remember his correct number is to ask him to edit his facebook page. He's an iPhone user - I'd never live it down.

Please, for the love of Jeebus, can someone tell me how to fix this? And am I the only one who's found the whole 'contacts' aspect of the phone a massive pain in the a*se?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Edit> Didnt read the thread properly.

3. JudithPrietht

sorry, being concise isn't one of my strengths.

and i've now answered my own question - re-labelling the correct mobile number as 'cell' in the google contact allows me to select it as a primary contact number.

Okay, the new question is this - how do I default to using a 'mobile' number from a google account over the 'mobile' number from a linked facebook account?

4. SUroot

default for what action? If its primary, it should be default.

5. JudithPrietht

one linked contact.
    Google Mobile = 07870999999
    Facebook Mobile = 447870999999

The only selectable number that appears in the linked contact is the Facebook Mobile number, which doesn't actually work, and is impossible for me to edit.

How to choose the mobile number saved in the google contact as the primary number?

6. SUroot

You obviously have an issue, because both numbers should show up in teh people app. You then long press and select "set as promary" or whatever.
    If the number won't show, then there is a bug or something.

I'm guessing that it is seeing both numbers as identical and removing one of them, I had this before.

Change the google number to something random and see if they show seperately. If they do, then that is your issue.

If it does, try editing it to +44 instead of 0 or 0044 see if that makes a difference.

All I can suggest really.

I had loads of problems with the people app to be fair. Facebook pictures that were set as default defaulted back to google and vice versa. Its definitely flawed