More than one Gmail acct?General

1. melis0682

melis0682 New Member

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up a second gmail account to my Eres. Does anyone know if I can actually do this? I have my personal one as my primary account but I use gmail for work and am having difficulty figuring out how to add it.

Please help before I get upset and go back to the Motorola Droid.

Thanks!:eek:

Advertisement
    :
  2. foccer

foccer Member

I have two gmail accounts on mine now. The tech set it up ay Verizon, but I think he went to applications, picked the mailbox icon (not the envelope) then menu, more, new account, pop3 . Hope it helps.
  3. thefuzz4

thefuzz4 Active Member

Yep I have my google apps account for my domain setup as the main account on my phone and then my regular gmail account is on the mail box. Btw don't use pop3 it's so outdated and old go for the imap much better.
  4. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

There is the Gmail application that is native to Android and only allows one mailbox.

However, the Eris (a.k.a Hero), should also have the HTC Mail application which can be setup for multiple mailboxes. I have the Hero and have about 10 other mailboxes setup in the HTC Mail app.

Search the threads for the mail settings for the specific host Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, Comcast...if you don't have them.
  5. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

those of you who have gmail. Do you guys use the gmail app or the htc mail app??
  6. foccer

foccer Member

I use the Gmail app for my primary gmail account, and the HTC mailbox for my other gmail account.
  7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Because I like the settings control better in the HTC mail app, I use that to access my GMail account, and have GMail set to never sync messages.
  8. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I also prefer the HTC Mail app over the native Gmail since Google thinks everyone likes 'Conversation Threads'. YUK. And, the HTC Mail app seems to show HTML graphical emails better than the Gmail app in my opinion.

I just can't seem to get the hang of Google's forced Conversation Thread look. I supposed it just that I'm old school and prefer to see a sequential listing of email with the most recent at the top.
  9. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

android 2.0 has the ability to use multiple gmail accts on the gmail app. our phones currently do not.
    lavender likes this.
  10. lavender

lavender New Member

In Nov 2009
    Does anyone know if droid X (2.1 OS I think) will have the capacity, or will it only after it goes to 2.2 later this summer thanks Lavender (storm1 can't wait for droid x)
  11. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

12. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

lavender,

you revived a thread that was 5 months old - 2.1 was not yet released to the Eris yet at that time.

Settings -> Accounts and sync -> Add account -> (tap) Google (even though it shows a green check-mark).

Easy-peasy (if you have 2.1 on your phone).

eu1
    lavender likes this.