More than one number per contact?

Last Updated:

1. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am sorry if this has been covered. I am coming from a 3g and can't figure out how to add multiple numbers for each contact. The tech @ the at&t store transfered them from my iphone for me. Only one number per contact transferred. Also is it better to store them on the sim card or phone?

Advertisement
  2. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

If you have the numbers saved on your SIM card, you can only add 1 number per person. Go to the contact you want to add multiple numbers, hit the Menu button(bottom left touch button, has 3 lines on it), and hit Copy to phone. Now you can add multiple numbers, along with Email, address, etc.

As far as Sim or Phone, it really is personal preference. Like I said above, if you want to add more than just a number, phone is better. If you switch phones a lot, use the Sim.

I will say though, I see more phones that go bad before sim cards do, so it's usually better to have them on the SIM if your phone goes bad... You can always have them on both, and then go into your address book settings and have the phone view Sim or Phone only so it's not duplicated.

speedfreak32 likes this.