1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support More then 3 screens , How ??

1. opaoopa

opaoopa Member

Hi All ,

I am kind of new with Android , just purchase the samsung galexy and i really love it.

Just one thing that bother me , How can i have more then 3 screen in my home ?

I tried "open home" and didnt like it the lite version is stupid and the full coast money (well if i wanted money application i buy iphone :) ).

Is there any other application / way to enable more than 3 screens ? i will kill someone to have 4 .

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

There are some home replacement apps in the market :

aHome
    dxTop
    Better Home
    Open Home
  3. opaoopa

opaoopa Member

I will look into them . Thanks.
  4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

they all cost money i believe. i have a paid version of open home with the chrome theme and i like it alot
  5. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

if you are rooted there are other options... you can replace the launcher.apk with a modified one that will allow a LOT more manipulation from how many rows in your apps tray to how many home screens and a few other nice tweaks...
  6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

ooh could you elaborate more on this? i have a rooted galaxy
  7. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Download this and install it... keep in mind you will want to back up your phone before even attempting this...

for 1.6 xda-developers

for 1.5 xda-developers

If that still gives you trouble go here Advanced Launcher - Now with more sweets [Version 2.1 - 25.09] - xda-developers and you can do a manual install of the launcher....

Also before installing check the version of the software you are running make sure that if you are 1.5 you use an older version as the newer versions are based on 1.6
  8. opaoopa

opaoopa Member

I discover that pandahome is free and awsome! you should try it.
    It has many many options including multi screens.

Thanks guys.
  9. akanbi

akanbi Well-Known Member

aHome Mini is also free and quite good.
    Freshface is another free one created for T-Mobile, but available on the market.

They all struggle on the Galaxy due to having less memory than the HTC phones. I've tried them all and in the end just stuck to the default Home for performance.
  10. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

I think you've got other problems there mate, I'm running aHome smooth as butter here.
  11. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Just tried Panda Home. Seems ok, but force closes a lot for me (reverting to the default theme, and resizing the dockbars in Settings, both crash it).

Performance is fine, mind.