most adb commands failSupport

1. michaelburns

michaelburns Member

I guess my title says it all. I am just playing around, seeing what all this android stuff is about, but it's difficult when I don't even have access to the file system. successes (in no particular order):
    Code (Text):
    1.  $ ./adb devices List of devices attached  A00000316E8C10   device  $ ./adb reboot  $ ./adb get-serialno A00000316E8C10  $ ./adb kill-server  $ ./adb root restarting adbd as root
    failures (in no particular order):
    Code (Text):
    1.  $ ./adb remount remount failed: Operation not permitted  $ ./adb backup -all adb: unable to connect for backup  $ ./adb shell $ su su: permission denied
    I just want to backup the default OS on my phone (everything, thus the -all option) before I start installing and purging. Is there a way to do this without having to install some app to grant me permission?

Advertisement
    :
  2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Backing up the Default OS can be accomplished by installing a custom flash_image and recovery (you need to have root access). Then select the backup option in the "backup and restore" section (this is called a nandroid backup). There is no other way I know of to do this.