Most complete/stable Vanilla Rom

Last Updated:

1. jdposhkus

jdposhkus Active Member This Topic's Starter

I like sense but want to kick the tires of a vanilla or AOSP ROM any have a suggestion of one that is fast, stable and feature rich?

Advertisement
  2. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

3. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

Skyraider 3.0 is a very very good stock rom. I have tried a few out but my favorite so far is skyraider. There are a few hints of sense like the camera, and contacts but it is still a very good rom.

4. jdposhkus

5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

SkyRaider is very nice but it's senseless not true vanilla. True vanilla, fast, stable and feature rich.... honestly I have to say MIUI.

If your just looking for plain jane vanilla but I cannot tag them them as "super stable" then go play with ShadowRom, Ruby 1.1.4 and CM Ruby being my favorite of those. I just can't stand the vanilla calender and pop mail it's really awful.

There are a few senseless ROM's that will net you mostly what you are looking for I believe....like Feather ROM check it out at XDA

6. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

I have to agree with jbdan. It really depends on what you are looking for in a Vanilla rom. I personally think ShadowRom is the most stable of the listed ones, but thats really just my opinion. I've played with all the Vanilla roms, I can't get my head around the MIUI but my wife loves it FWIW.

7. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

no problem, I know see that the post seemed a little smart-assish but I didn't mean it that way

the only ROM I've used is virtuous, which, obviously is sense

8. jdposhkus

Tried CM 6 and IncDoes AOSP....All set with AOSP. I much prefer Sense based exchange support.

Thanks for the input.

9. nelms

nelms Well-Known Member

try ultimatedroid. only thing ive noticed is cam is only 3mp. but its sweet otherwise