1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Most Expensive Apps...

Last Updated:

1. Nbcrompton

Nbcrompton Active Member This Topic's Starter

What other apps have people found over $30. I found a $100 app that comes w/10 gigs online storage. Are there ones more expensive??

Advertisement
  2. Frostation

Frostation Active Member

Look up an app called "I am Richer" the most expensive app in Android Market it costs $199.99

3. wmtoandroid

wmtoandroid Well-Known Member

I saw an app that syncs your bookmarks from google to your phone... I think it was about $30. :eek:

4. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

Got kicked out of apple so they moved to android. That's funny.

5. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

What does it do? I can't imagine paying more for an app than I paid for the phone.

6. Frostation

Frostation Active Member

It does nothing, just an image of a crystal :/ its for those who are dumb and throw money away

7. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

CityID costs $10 a month on Verizon and there's no justification for it being a monthly service. Add it up...

8. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

My feelings on expensive apps are if you don't feel it's worth the cost then don't buy it. The developers will eventually catch a clue that their particular app isn't worth what they are charging.

On the flip side there's a couple of apps I'd gladly pay 30-60 for. My most expensive app to date is $20 and to me it's worth every cent.

9. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Wow. I have a good job and make a pretty decent living, but I can't imagine throwing away $200 on something that doesn't do anything. That's a nice night out with dinner and drinks and probably some money left over.

10. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is CityID one of the most worthless apps around? I can't think of a single use for it. Why do I need to know the city of the person I'm calling?

SMThe likes this.
  11. Europa76

Europa76 Active Member

Got kicked out of Android as well :)

12. Europa76

Europa76 Active Member

I think the most expensive app on the Market is this. It's for... 129.95 dollars

13. fallen888

fallen888 New Member

There's my Diamond Club apps of varying cost levels, with the most expensive of them being $200, which is the max one can charge for an app. It's a variation of the I Am Rich app, but 90% of the proceeds go to charity. I haven't seen any others that charge the full $200 yet. And yes, people buy them.

14. b18c195

b18c195 Active Member

dam and i though $5 alot for PowerAMP

15. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Well-Known Member

Why are Android apps cheaper than iOS apps? I've seen plenty of iOS apps for $200 or more. The most expensive being $999. I'm shocked that the most expensive Android app is only $200. Also Angry Birds is free on Android but not on iOS.

16. Rambler358

Rambler358 Well-Known Member

Not quite free - the Android version has ads.

17. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

You didn't pay for it... it's free. Free to you doesn't mean it doesn't generate income.

18. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the Android market has a price cap of $200.

19. OCDetails

OCDetails Member

The really expensive iOS apps are mostly medical. Same story with Android. Medical, security, and GPS apps seem to be the most money. For the most part I'd say the Android apps are much cheaper than iOS apps. Just going through the market the other day showed me a thousand things which looked really fun that would have been at least $.99 in the app market.

Besides, with all of the 'black market' apps available out there which let you download cracked apps for free, the cost really isn't an issue for many people. I will say that paying for Easy Tether, Logmein, and Documents to Go has been worth every single penny. I've probably got about $100 tied up in ridiculously functional apps for my Android. I love my phone more than my car at this very moment...

20. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member

Ya, me too. About the same amount of $ too. I usually treat my phone as I would my own child too.

For me, it's probably more relevant to ask what I'm willing to pay... For most apps, probably not more than $5. Though, I can imagine paying $20 for something of major importance to my job (like Touchdown or some remote access app). I am unlikely to consider an app more than $3 if it doesn't have a trial version (since the 15 minute return window).

So it doesn't much matter whats the most expensive really.

21. ozzyozborn92

ozzyozborn92 New Member

well that is because it is $50/yr to host iOS apps, and android only charges $25/yr, plus with how open android is, app developers half to expect some if not a lot of piracy with their apps, especially with how ever popular applanet.net is...

22. ozzyozborn92

ozzyozborn92 New Member

which is really funny because i managed to pull logmein for free with the frostwire app....