2. Number Two (#2) v1.5 T4

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Broken Out Esteem 1.1 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

27 vote(s)
    54.0%
  1. Exertion

Exertion Member

I have spent about a week trying to decide which ROM to flash to my Esteem so I figured I would ask you fine people :D! Which ROM do you guys think is the best or the more favored one?:confused:?

===ROMs I Was Considering===

1)Broken Out Esteem 1.1 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

2)Number Two (#2) v1.5 T4 ZVD

3)GingerSteem Extreme II

Advertisement
    :
  2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

None of the above :D All good ROMs but since day one my phone and I have preferred GSE ZVB

PS Welcome to AF!
  3. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

+1
  4. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

I have try them all but keep going back to ldrifta #2 t5 I like the smooth quick response of the ROM and she seems to like it more too however they are all good roms so it will be a matter of taste welcome to the esteem community

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
  5. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

6. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

I prefer BrokenOut because it has all the junk from Metro gone. I tried the #2, but it wouldn't let me overclock, & my baby likes to run around 1700. That works great for my games, with a good internet speed.
  7. abugarcia

abugarcia Active Member

Im using the Broken Out, but with Plague Kernel for a week now: let me overclok to 1900 (before was 1800 with Blitzkrieg Kernel)
  8. Bard

Bard Well-Known Member Developer

I also think title word 'best' is little inappropriate.

Let's use word 'favorite' instead.

I can't judge developers countless hours and effort by single click, I just can't click that poll.
    dden4012, intrdrgn and ShinySide like this.
  9. EsteemUser

EsteemUser Well-Known Member

I've found that the broken out 1.1 is the best ROM for me. Im using it with Homeless kernel and the number 2 theme. Broken out ROM comes how I would like a stock ROM. I tried the stock debloated and switched back to broken out since would it reboot randomly. Broken out also has the fixed hdmi with 2.1 blitz kernel. I dont really overclock but sometimes I mess around with it. Good luck and have fun. Always back up before flashing!
  10. Exertion

Exertion Member

Thanks guys for all of your input so far it is all very helpful! To help you guys give me a better idea on which ROM I should go with I figured I would explain a little more on how I use my phone. Of course making calls and texting lol but other then the obvious use I use my Esteem heavily with GPS apps like Google Maps and navigation and I also play games A LOT but not just simple games like Angry Birds.. I play need for speed hot pursuit, Home Run Battle, Lets Golf 3 and other very performance demanding games. I also have Reckless Racing 2 but it always force closes right at the beganning of a race so I am hoping flashing a new ROM and overclocking my Esteem a little will help me run that game and others better. I also use my Esteem to remotely connect to my deskstop computer to control surveillance programs and check on the house. So its basically a little pocket computer for me as well as my phone.
  11. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

I kinda like mine ;)
    frdalmat92 and LDrifta like this.
  12. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

13. Exertion

Exertion Member

Ha..I might go with your ROM just because how much u seem to be online! Incase i have any questions :)
  14. senato3

senato3 Active Member

I use the Black Plague rom from Playful God on a zvd esteem OC'd to 1800mHz and it runs great. Very smooth and runs games better than any of the roms I have tried. Also the battery life is very noticeably better get about 10 hours of moderate use stock battery, about 26 hours on 3500mah extended.
  15. Exertion

Exertion Member

I also had another question I was thinking about this yesterday when I was looking at my storage space available.. I am currently using the modified Vold.fstab to make my 32GB sdcard the main Internal memory and the pre-installed 4GB sdcard the external memory. Now my theory is that before I go ahead and flash a new ROM im going to replace my modified Vold.fstab with the original Vold.fstab and then flash the ROM so I dont run into any problems with the install. So my question is after I have a non stock ROM flashed will the modified Vold.fstab still work or will there be issues?:confused: It is very important to me to be able to use the modified Vold.fstab because the games I play and install on my phone average around 200MBs - 700MBs a peice! Plus I use the app DriodTV Primetime which downloads shows that run about 400MBs a shot so the pre-installed 4GB card is just not even going to come close to doing it for me :mad:
  16. Dr0idWhisperer

Dr0idWhisperer Well-Known Member

My phone runs really smooth and cool with broken out 1.1w/blitz I was on black plauge I really liked it but my phone just seemed to run a little warm will definately check it out again when he updates it...or when cm7 drops def ;)
  17. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger Guide

18. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger Guide

it 'should' work fine... buuut i haven't personally used what you speak of so i cant garuntee that theory lol only reasont it wouldn't work is because it requires a init.d script and/or a line in the installer-script to install it or set permissions etc..
  19. winklebottom

winklebottom Active Member

I have a feeling I've seen the answer somewhere, but would like to know again for sure:

On ZVD with root. I am one of the lucky people that have had my PRL changed and lost all signals to make calls, text, etc. I have the issue fixed (for the second time - I'm hoping to never do it again) and would like to try a Kernel or ROM to see if my problem persists.

Is it possible to just flash a kernel (and if so, does anyone have any suggestions for someone who uses their phone for social things and a little but of gaming)? I do want to flash a ROM and have made the necessary backups, I was just curious about the Kernels alone before I decide to wipe everything.

Thanks guys :D
  20. hippiegang

hippiegang Well-Known Member

I'm using vold.fstab. and it works fine I don't even change it when I flash a new rom
  21. gbiggie

Absolutely !
    As long as you are using a kernel for the version you are on.
    They can all be flashed over stock:)
  22. winklebottom

Thank you :]
  23. gbiggie

Your welcome-would have answered earlier but had an 11 hr day at work:)
  24. winklebottom

No biggy. I'm in a 4 hour long 4 day a week organic chemistry class over summer - i feel ya!
  25. gbiggie

You win defiantly -was never fond of anything that had the word chemistry in it:p