• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Most Impressive Media Moment - Avatar Playback

While going through the Galaxy S manual I noticed that mkv video files were supported. I grabbed a backup copy I have of my Avatar Blu-Ray, in mkv format. I chopped it using a muxer to 1gb and transferred it to the phone. I don't remember which specific muxer I used, but it's so that I would t have to re-render the movie.

I was floored by how gorgeous the movie looks on the 4' screen. Vibrant colors, no lag during playback and very good details. For some reason the audio is not working but my avi audio playback are nice, especially with the virtual 5.1.

I played with the tone controls and the brightness. By far this is my most impressive media moment with any smartphone.

What is your most impressive media moment with the device, so far?

P.S my Droidx and Evo4g coworkers are jealous. I out performed them in benchmarks and the screen "vibrancy" wins by a mile.

if you want to show off the color contrast and the awesome super-amoled to your friends, download some HD images to your gallery and show them. here one that i use for my captivate wallpaper... 800x480 res

800x480_Dizorb_Mother_Nature_HD_Wallpaper.jpg

Upvote 0
mp4 works... that's what my copy of avatar on my phone is in

dvdfab is a good converter but i only have the trial... google it and download. it's free for 30 days

also dvdvideosoft is a good converter program. about 100mb for the full studio, or 10 mb for the single program, and it's open source. i've been using it for about three years and have loved it. check it out...

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I would really like to put Avatar on my phone. I honestly never watched it buy my friend has a file of this on his computer. I was wondering what the best way to make it top notch quality is? Thanks In Advance and sorry for my noobness

The best way to watch any movie would be not to convert it in away that involves reencoding. Just put the file on the phone and try it first.

Upvote 0
also dvdvideosoft is a good converter program. about 100mb for the full studio, or 10 mb for the single program, and it's open source. i've been using it for about three years and have loved it. check it out...

Oh man! I had no idea this was out. How nifty! Thanks for the tip! Also, for the Avatar mp4, did that come with the Blu Ray/DVD combo? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones