• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Most of my pictures are gone

john_ecko

Apr 25, 2010
bay area
This morning, I went into my gallery only to find mostly empty folders of pictures. Camera photos, downloaded photos, pictures I've transferred, and wallpapers downloaded from Flikie Wallpaper. A lot of it is gone. I'm fairly confident they were all there last night.

First attempt to fixing was to try a soft reboot. I did that and went back into my gallery (froyo 2.2 gallery), and it started to load pictures but then at first nothing showed up. Then a few seconds later, it showed a (-5) under my camera folder. And just 1's or 3's in some other ones. So that was basically a fail.

Second attempt to fixing was uninstalling froyo 2.2 gallery and just using the stock. I rebooted again but I got the same results. Only the same pictures appeared. Another failed attempt.

What's weird is my icons are still there (dock and apporganizer icons) and my wallpaper is still in the background. So, I have some hope that my pictures are somewhere in the sd card.

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones