• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Most Stable Froyo ROM?

gobirds895

Jun 17, 2010
I have run a bunch of Froyo roms already and nearly all of them have had significant bugs. Is there any suggestions for a froyo rom that is the most reliable and stable at this point, or am I just being unpatient? I'm running ROM Manager, any suggestions from there? Or is elsewhere better.

You aren't going to get an answer to this question. Everyone will say something different. It depends what kernel you choose, what base rom, theme, what apps you use, your individual Droid hardware.

This is pretty much something everyone has to figure out for themselves.

For what it's worth I use Kangerade Red with P3's 1.2ghz ULV kernel.

Reactions: flash24
Upvote 0
nstallion is correct. The answer to your question is very subjective. Ask 10 people and you're bound to get 8 different answers. And kernels are the trickiest part. What works with one particular ROM on one person's phone won't necessarily work on your phone. For me, P3Droid kernels work best (they're the only ones I can use above 1.0Ghz). I'm currently using JRummy's Kangerade - NexTheme (found in ROM Manager). On my phone it has been the most stable. I'd also suggest you try out the Froyo ROMs from ChevyNo1 and Bugless Beast (both available in ROM Manager). The only way you're going to find out which is the most stable Froyo ROM is to try some on your phone.

Upvote 0
Yup - just for reference, I am running Pete's BB 0.2 (I manually applied the fixes the he included in 0.2.1) and then installed Fabulous' NexBeast theme over that, and am using the gjdlfj 1.2 GHz LV .32 kernel and am rock solid stable. Manga apps (Manga Droid and Manga Viewer) tend to run the phone a bit warm, but I easily get several hours of reading out of them without the phone ever rebooting / powering off.

The main reason this is going to be subjective is that all of our DROIDs are different, as is evidenced from the threads where folks complain that their DROIDs cannot do above 1000 MHz OCs, whereas the rest of us are easily able to run at 1200.

Upvote 0
nstallion is correct. The answer to your question is very subjective. Ask 10 people and you're bound to get 8 different answers. And kernels are the trickiest part. What works with one particular ROM on one person's phone won't necessarily work on your phone. For me, P3Droid kernels work best (they're the only ones I can use above 1.0Ghz). I'm currently using JRummy's Kangerade - NexTheme (found in ROM Manager). On my phone it has been the most stable. I'd also suggest you try out the Froyo ROMs from ChevyNo1 and Bugless Beast (both available in ROM Manager). The only way you're going to find out which is the most stable Froyo ROM is to try some on your phone.

I like this option because it's a one-stop shop in ROM Manager... pick out everything all at once including kernel, theme, features, etc.... downloading now, so I don't know exactly how it will play out on my Droid, but I am hopeful!

Upvote 0
Im at BB first (or maybe second) Froyo release. I'll be honest, it's not the most stable thing in the world (I remember before Froyo, the 2.1 based BB I had was almost perfect), but for now it does what it has to do. I really need the pin lock function available in Froyo so I'm not even thinking about going back to 2.1. I haven't updated my BB because I have heard about there being some issues, and I simply don't have the time right now to flash a new ROM that could potentially make my phone have issues (only to have to worry about resetting my phone). Maybe this weekend I will look into updating my BB though. Pete's ROMs always seem to be very good so I was going to just wait and see what Pete comes up with, especially considering I don't have a lot of time to try all these ROMs out :) And I believe the word is "impatient", not "unpatient" :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones