Most stable overclock kernel

Last Updated:

1. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is the best/most stable overclock kernel for my Dinc. Im still running 2.1, dont plan on going to 2.2 yet. I have heard about hydrakernel but dont know which of the four from HERE to choose from.

Advertisement
  2. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

Every phone will be different. Overclocking is all random. You have to simply try them all. It TOTALLY depends on the LUCK of the draw. You either got a phone (CPU) that will clock well or won't. Or you got something in between. In my opinion while it's neat and all that we can do it, it is not worth it at all, especially if you start having problems with stability. I recommend the undervolt kernel. Works great.

3. birthofahero

Tried the undervolt kernel and it put my phone in a boot loop. I have tried it a couple times and no luck.

4. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

None of the above, as the .32 kernels are intended for Froyo builds.

5. birthofahero

anything stable for the 2.1 users?

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

all the 2.1 hydra kernels wouldnt boot past the htc incredible screen for me. On the 7/27 2.2 leak ocuv 1.15 kernel was rock solid, on Adryn's third wave that kernel made some stuff a little glitchy so I backed off one to the ovuv 1.13 and it seems ok......the moral of the story? DonDraper's post is correct just download them all, do a nandroid backup and give them a shot starting in what ever order you see fit. Then see what, if anything works for you.

7. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

I tried this early this morning, and am really hoping that this is the one...I haven't had much luck with Kernels either to this point, but this SOUNDS like it would be what I was looking for...report back in 24 hrs

Droid Incredible
    Sky Raider 2.5.2 Sense ROM
    White Battery Text MOD
    Droid2 Multi-Touch Keyboard PORT :D

If this one doesn't work, I am just going back to Sky Raiders Kernel included in ROM