1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Most stable vanilla jb ROM?

1. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

What's everyones opinion on what the most stable vanilla jb rom is?

I'm currently on cm10. The battery is not the best, especcially as I just use it as a media device and not a phone, so it's always on airplane mode, and I dont even use that often tbh. Another thing, it's always awake. I have Betterbatterystats and cpu spy but says nothing unusual's going on.

[​IMG]

Apart from that though, everything works fine. When i put my sim card in, it gets 3g fine, tested out the gps with endomondo pro earlier and was great. Camera's good.

lol I'm aware I can just flash another vanilla jb rom and see if things improve, but i wanna see what most of you guys are rocking first.

Advertisement
  2. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Something seems to have kept your phone awake.

El Presidente gave me some advice on this issue awhile back in this thread.

I did not follow the advice...I just wipe the ROM since I am not big on AOKP anyway... he he. But its good advice.

The only JB ROM I have used is Randomblames Jelly Time. Has a few issues which change from build to build. JellyTime RC18 was just released a few hours ago so not much feedback yet, but that release focuses on bug fixing. You may want to give it a look.
  3. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Or maybe wait for R18.2, should out in a few hours... maybe stable, Jellybean and Ace (HTC DHD) still don't fit in one sentence.
  4. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

5. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Release 18.2 is available for download.

scotty85 likes this.
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

D-U-R-X likes this.
  7. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I want to give CM10 a go... maybe next week/weekend - love the Cyanogen team's ROM's :)
    ivicakc likes this.
  8. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Might be good to wait a week, since they have their new M2 ROM's out. Alhtough I think DHD ports are based on one of the Sony Xperia Neo's so not a M2 ROM.
  9. Omar Days

Cheers for the responses guys.

I think reading the xda forums, and these forums on different ROMs, CM10 nightlies that I currently have is not too bad actually.

It's just the wake vs screen on issue I have. I have betterbattery stats and I cant make any sense from the info it's giving me lol. I don't know if it's good or bad, and if it's bad, what the solution is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just one more thing, I've backed up my apps etc on titanium backup, so if i flash a different rom, do i just download titanium backup again, and restore the apps from there? I'm confused about backing up apps, because all i know pre rooting, you just signed into google play and d/load your apps one by one.
  10. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Open Titanium Backup, click menu and create an "update.zip". After you flash the new ROM, before you reboot this, you can flash this zip. When you reboot Ti Backup will be installed, and you can install the rest of your apps using Ti Backup.
    scotty85, D-U-R-X and Omar Days like this.
  11. Omar Days

Thanks Ral, would never have figured that out!

Do you back up the system data apps as well as your user apps?
  12. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Figured it out by accident myself. Before I did I would download Ti Backup after new flash.

Apps and app data only.

I would not backup system data, unless maybe if you are going from an older version of the same ROM to a newer one.
    scotty85 and Omar Days like this.
  13. Omar Days

Excellent! Thanks mate!
    scotty85 likes this.
  14. Omar Days

Why do you need root access to be able to back up your apps? I deleted a couple apps and restored them to see what it was like, and it was so easy and simple. So tedious going back on play store and re-d/loading like i've had to in the past.
  15. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

You need root to backup the app data
    scotty85 likes this.
  16. Omar Days

Yeah i know that, i was just wondering why you need root to backup apps. Like, why couldn't google have just made that feature without root?
  17. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Omar Days and scotty85 like this.
  18. D-U-R-X

scotty85 likes this.
  19. Omar Days

20. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Because you don't want apps to have that kind of access to all of your other apps. If any app had access to all other apps data you'd have absolutely no privacy.

The play store already backs up most of your data and settings, so they are making progress for non-rooted users
    D-U-R-X, scotty85 and ral like this.
  21. Omar Days

oh right, i got ya!
  22. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried both codefireX and JellyTime. Was curious on how they differ.
  23. D-U-R-X

Tried to install JT again yesterday... same issue I had as before... it seemed to hang at the screen with "Jelly Time"... was actually flashing the ROM whilst waiting for the bus and didn't want to not be able to use my phone while I was out, so just restored my backup!
  24. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Maybe try 4Ext Recovery?
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  25. D-U-R-X

Maybe... just don't understand why the recovery should make any difference though!